Box trailer-camper conversion

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
I have a box trailer that has a leaking roof and the particle board walls are rotting. So my project started with the intention of resealing the roof and replacing the wood paneling

Now I’m researching solar panels, HVAC, shower, toilet, etc. I’m thinking this project will end up costing me 2-3 grand by the time I’m done, still thousands cheaper than buying a camper.

I’m trying to stop myself before going overboard but I don’t have any car projects at the moment and I rarely ever use the trailer...

7-12 trailer with the ramp door in the back. Perfect for hauling my motorcycle. Need to calculate how much 12v and 120v power I will need. I can install an inverter and hook up shore power for now

I cleaned and sealed the roof today. Probably start ripping out the molded particle board next weekend so I can start planning the layout.

What a shitty thread. I hope your project is a complete failure. Fuck you and GKYS

Just kidding....kinda.

Raining today. I’ll start demo next weekend and take some pics. Draw up a layout and see if it’s worth it to do this project. Think I’ll start with some RV windows

What a shitty thread. I hope your project is a complete failure. Fuck you and GKYS

Just kidding....kinda.
Don’t be a little bitch just cause your team got pecker slapped last night. Just get used to it as it will be our new tradition.

I have a box trailer that has a leaking roof and the particle board walls are rotting. So my project started with the intention of resealing the roof and replacing the wood paneling

Now I’m researching solar panels, HVAC, shower, toilet, etc. I’m thinking this project will end up costing me 2-3 grand by the time I’m done, still thousands cheaper than buying a camper.

I’m trying to stop myself before going overboard but I don’t have any car projects at the moment and I rarely ever use the trailer...
Sale the trailer and take the 2 to 3K and go on a vacation.

You're welcome.

Still no pics. This thread is for those who like to read about projects.....

Newly sealed joints holding up after a week of wet weather. After I replace the vent I’m thinking of coating the roof with flex seal.

D5C22835-3D0C-4FF9-90A9-216B8F355B90.jpegACE46813-4406-4041-AC5D-7BD953C8F0BB.jpeg54A7605A-CD2E-498C-B53B-E6576F8AC51A.jpeg
Wood inside is all molded and rotten. Getting it cleared out then I will start designing. Might just replace everything and keep it as is. I don’t know. It’s boredom that driving this project

Doesn't look like it has an RV style side door, how are you going to close it from the inside and how are you getting out if someone puts the latch handle down?

how are you getting out if someone puts the latch handle down?
That's what them holes in the walls are from....the last guy scratching on the walls trying to get out!!!!!

• Funny!
Reactions: Me
I live in Texas. The season never really ends...

Had mine cut Wednesday before Thanksgiving. With this latest cold front it should be dormant till spring...

Had mine cut Wednesday before Thanksgiving. With this latest cold front it should be dormant till spring...
It’s about time to winterize the kubota. Don’t think the grass has been cut in two weeks. Too soggy now.

A2A4E229-09BA-461D-A765-80DB0BD4EDD2.jpeg3C0FA0B9-9394-47DA-B2E4-1884B4DA1343.jpeg
With it stripped out I snapped some measurements. Not sure if this single axle trailer will work without me pushing the weight limit but I’ll make some calculations and see

My kids gave my wife a 14 ft single axle trailer for a gift 3 years ago. She has transformed it into basically a rigid tent. Queen side bed on a frame allows for under bed storage, small cabinets for cooking and clothes and overhead racks for fishing/hunting gear. One thing I would recommend is battery fans with USB charger. That and a charge bar lasts 4 days for weekend camping during the summer. The trailer has side door entrance and split doors on back.