Boxing is dead

You're just figuring this out now?

It's been dead for a few years now, at least. Mostly because of awful judging and, for whatever reason, the best not fighting the best when both are at or near their prime.

That and the outright crookedness of the sport. I lost interest after seeing a number of fights where one guy clearly should have won and didn’t. It seems like any time a fight would go to the judges, the outcome was a complete crapshoot.
^This. It was dead when fighters started getting paid regardless of whether they won and promoters could represent both fighters. Crookedness was always a problem in boxing, but it became impossible to tell where the fix was, until several months after the fight was over, maybe the bets placed were analyzed.

I just wonder if Floyd has blown all of his money or something. I can't imagine many people willing to pay 100 bucks on a PPV to see Floyd slowly pick apart a Youtube star.
Some are speculating or at least asking if he will throw the fight for mega bucks. Does he throw away his perfect record and his legacy for multi millions? He doesn't have that many years left to come back and do these type of fights, so does he sell out now and cash in or does he think he can make as much doing a couple more of these fights?

This is the storyline of boxing, it's ridiculous, but this is the conversation boxing is at now.

Some are speculating or at least asking if he will throw the fight for mega bucks. Does he throw away his perfect record and his legacy for multi millions? He doesn't have that many years left to come back and do these type of fights, so does he sell out now and cash in or does he think he can make as much doing a couple more of these fights?

This is the storyline of boxing, it's ridiculous, but this is the conversation boxing is at now.
His ego is way to big to take a dive to a YouTuber. I just can’t see that happening.

I watched that Mayweather-Logan Paul shit on a stream yesterday. It was even more boring than the typical Mayweather fight. Most of the fight was the two in a clinch. Think the stats say that Mayweather landed like 45% of his punches and Paul landed like 12%.

But it was an exhibition and there was no winner or loser announced. All the pre fight bullshit was planned and you can’t convince me otherwise

I watched that Mayweather-Logan Paul shit on a stream yesterday. It was even more boring than the typical Mayweather fight. Most of the fight was the two in a clinch. Think the stats say that Mayweather landed like 45% of his punches and Paul landed like 12%.

But it was an exhibition and there was no winner or loser announced. All the pre fight bullshit was planned and you can’t convince me otherwise
Every Mayweather fight is the same

Every Mayweather fight is the same
This was worse than most, probably because it was an exhibition fight against a YouTube star. It was clear the Paul dude had no business being in the same ring as Floyd though

This was worse than most, probably because it was an exhibition fight against a YouTube star. It was clear the Paul dude had no business being in the same ring as Floyd though
Of course, but the result is the same. I had a friend who wanted to see Floyd get Knocked out. I told him there was no way that was going to happen. I have seen some the finest boxers in the world try to hit Floyd, and they cant do it. Some schmuck off the street, that has been hanging out in a gym and looks good against a bag, is not going to be able to hit him. It went exactly how I thought it would.

Dude was way bigger, and longer, and still could not hit the motherfucker. He worked the jab properly in one round, for about 30 seconds, and then went back to hugging. You could tell he was scared that he might get KO'd.

Mayweather is sooooo damn boring to watch.

One of the best defensive boxers ever, though. But his fights have always been absolute snooze fests.

Mayweather is sooooo damn boring to watch.

One of the best defensive boxers ever, though. But his fights have always been absolute snooze fests.
He’s the worst thing to happen to boxing. No telling how many people’s first boxing ppv ever is a Mayweather fight because they get hyped so much and then never order another fight again because they just spent over 100 bucks to watch a predictable snooze fest.

All time great, just not great for the sport

I gave up after Prince Nassim flamed out.

That was the last passion I had for the art.

I'll watch Canelo. If Duran had fists of stone, Canelo has diamond fists.

yeesh, the fuck they doing out here?