Breakthrough in fusion reactor design

Look for big oil, big gas, electric utilities and big nuke companies buy up the patents and suppress it, or buy up legislators to ban it or regulate it so that it can’t be used.

This is something I can get behind and poor money into, not the green deal bullshit.
Seems a bit goofy that they left resistivity out of the equations all these years. It's been one of the basic components of electrical calculations since the beginning in the 19th century. :doh:

Something tells me the Pentagon wouldn't let anyone fuck around with these designs. Maybe they finally allowed this group to start working on it.

Meanwhile, oil companies are scrambling to buy as many politicians as possible.

if we find something so perfect. They will just make the cost to have it extremely more expensive. Just to gain profits.

hydropower_breakthrough.png

It's definitely a breakthrough, but there is still miles to go before it can be scaled up.

Will the energy be used to generate electricity?

If the product is virtually free, those that control distribution have control.

I want my fusion energy flying car.

That'd be great if it worked out. I'm guessing the same people who bash nuclear would bash this though since it won't make money for the right people.

Oil guys?

That's not who usually bashes nuclear.
I've found it's the ignorant folks who dont actually know how nuclear works, whether they be hippies or rednecks