Breakthrough in fusion reactor design

sorry, didn't see it.

want me to respond to his science fiction comments? I appreciate your obsession in thinking that I got pwned

sure the idea of fusion has been around and there tons of spacecraft propulsion ideas out there, but we have never had a breakthrough in REAL LIFE like this before.
We all know that the baby will walk eventually and the first step is important, but we are a long way from that kid running a 4 minute mile.

sorry, didn't see it.

want me to respond to his science fiction comments? I appreciate your obsession in thinking that I got pwned

sure the idea of fusion has been around and there tons of spacecraft propulsion ideas out there, but we have never had a breakthrough in REAL LIFE like this before.
No, he got you pretty good on that one and it wasn't the science-fiction part.

Now the "pwned' crap that is for you infants to work out as I don't care but @Kburjr was correct about the history of Fusion theory.

Now the "pwned' crap that is for you infants to work out as I don't care but @Kburjr was correct about the history of Fusion theory.
I never said the theory didn't exist.

however, had no idea I lived so prominently in your head.

have a nice day.

We all know that the baby will walk eventually and the first step is important, but we are a long way from that kid running a 4 minute mile.
we are a step closer than we were, and that is what matters.

I never said the theory didn't exist.

however, had no idea I lived so prominently in your head.

have a nice day.
I think we may need a refresher course on the difference between casually coming across a post and giving you shit for it versus actually putting in the great effort you seem to perceive happened here because they aren't in the same ballpark.

just you coming across it 2 weeks later and deciding to talk shit.

carry on

just you coming across it 2 weeks later and deciding to talk shit.

carry on
Is there a time limit on shit taking I’m not aware of? I’m going to need a copy of the forum rules so I don’t upset you.

Is there a time limit on shit taking I’m not aware of? I’m going to need a copy of the forum rules so I don’t upset you.
you're adorable

I was all-in on fusion before you were born. The general public and the popular press are acting like this announcement means that we can start capping wells and closing mines. They do not understand that we are just getting started.

Japan spins one up last friday...I guess the first one. But like you say, we are still a long way away.

Nuclear fusion breakthrough: World's biggest reactor is switched on​

Other smaller reactors are being built and tested – including the ST40 in Oxfordshire – in an initial step towards what could be nuclear fusion power plants around the world, supplying electricity for homes.

For now, JT-60SA's primary focus is as a research facility and to investigate how fusion power plants that are one day built will actually operate. According to experts, it will take another two years before JT-60SA produces the long-lasting plasmas needed for meaningful physics experiments.

So we are two years away from seeing if it really works and to what extent.

One of the big drivers behind the immense excitement surrounding this futuristic energy-making venture is the fact that Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s (LLNL) National Ignition Facility (NIF) achieved “ignition” in December of 2022. This means that for the first time ever, scientists were able to create a fusion reaction that produced more energy than was used to create the reaction in the first place.