building a better battery - a long game

Seems like every week I’m reading about a new battery compound that is “abundant and clean and simple and magnitudes more efficient”. After years of that I’m taking a wait and see approach. Sort of like how scientists have learned how to regrow and repair teeth with lasers. Well…where is it.

And don’t even get me started on hoverboards!!!

Seems like every week I’m reading about a new battery compound that is “abundant and clean and simple and magnitudes more efficient”. After years of that I’m taking a wait and see approach. Sort of like how scientists have learned how to regrow and repair teeth with lasers. Well…where is it.

I've developed a "wait and see" approach on everything new. Let other fools be the guinea pigs, I'll roll in later when the new thing is established, verified and honed.

We need a battery that doesn’t require an element that is a majority import from the vast Chinese country of untapped resources and capitalism.

We need a battery that doesn’t require an element that is a majority import from the vast Chinese country of untapped resources and capitalism.
77% of lithium is produced in Australia and Chile. But agree, we need to stop relying on imports in general.

I've developed a "wait and see" approach on everything new.
Why just new things? "We'll see" is probably my #1 motto as it relates to everything.

A boy is given a horse on his 14th birthday. Everyone in the village says, “Oh how wonderful.” But a Zen master who lives in the village says, “We'll see.” 'The boy falls off the horse and breaks his foot. Everyone in the village says, “Oh how awful.” The Zen master says, “We'll see.” The village is thrown into war and all the young men have to go to war. But, because of the broken foot, the boy stays behind. Everyone says, “Oh, how wonderful.” The Zen master says, “We'll see.”

<flips quarter to Gust Avrakotos>

Electric cars will be PERFECT in 15-minute cities.:rolleyes2:

Y'all are enablers.

flying cars with the Jetsons?

Another battery that is going to save the planet. I can't wait.

When a gearhead can go out to his garage and change out the battery is when I'll get interested.

When a gearhead can go out to his garage and change out the battery is when I'll get interested.

They weigh more than most regular engines...so you probably need something like an engine hoist and then a 10K fork lift to move it around your lot. Might as well get a zoom boom so you can unload the replacement battery off the semi and he takes the old one back to the recycle lot.

So $20 grand later...Easy peasy. edit...not including the $100K for the fork lift.