Movie Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels (2023)

Imax poster:

h1442hjb3wnb1.jpg

Final trailer:

Rumor has it

There's an X-Men cameo coming, likely in the post credits scenes, that'll start the process of introducing them into the MCU

Rumor has it

There's an X-Men cameo coming, likely in the post credits scenes, that'll start the process of introducing them into the MCU

I've seen the movie, and the rumor is

true! :)

Seen it. It was fine. Not great, not bad. Just perfectly middle of the road standard fare. It's too short though. It definitely needed about 20 or 30 mins to flesh some more stuff out. Would have helped the emotional beats feel a little more earned. They rushed through a lot of stuff too, especially at the start, that would have been better suited if this movie had more time. And since D+ started, there's been a lot of talk about how you need to see the MCU TV shows to understand the movies talk that's mostly been overblown imo. This is the first film that's actually true. I don't see how you can have the same enjoyment without at least seeing Ms. Marvel.

Reactions: ill
Seen it. It was fine. Not great, not bad. Just perfectly middle of the road standard fare. It's too short though. It definitely needed about 20 or 30 mins to flesh some more stuff out. Would have helped the emotional beats feel a little more earned. They rushed through a lot of stuff too, especially at the start, that would have been better suited if this movie had more time. And since D+ started, there's been a lot of talk about how you need to see the MCU TV shows to understand the movies talk that's mostly been overblown imo. This is the first film that's actually true. I don't see how you can have the same enjoyment without at least seeing Ms. Marvel.

I havent seen it yet(not sure when I will) due to Marvels vast decline overall and not even really liking the first one of this.

Having said that, please for the love of god do not ask for the movie to be longer. We FINALLY get a movie that isnt well over 2 hours. Lets take it and run with it.

Stephen King says The Marvels failed at the box office because of "adolescent fanboy hate":

Stephen King said:
Some of the rejection of THE MARVELS may be adolescent fanboy hate. You know, "Yuck! GIRLS!"

I havent seen it yet(not sure when I will) due to Marvels vast decline overall and not even really liking the first one of this.

Having said that, please for the love of god do not ask for the movie to be longer. We FINALLY get a movie that isnt well over 2 hours. Lets take it and run with it.

Yeah, but this one really needed it. And if you added 20 mins, the run time would have been right around 2, which is completely reasonable.

Stephen King says The Marvels failed at the box office because of "adolescent fanboy hate":

The fanboy hate is certainly real.

Look at that release date -- it's gonna be a thousand years before this movie comes to Disney+:

:lol:

higz89ynm1ec1.png

Stop watching movies made for 14 year olds and the Chinese market. We’re better than this.

Wasn't near as bad as expected. Much better than the first one. The singing part was definitely ghey.

Wasn't near as bad as expected. Much better than the first one. The singing part was definitely ghey.
Not sure I would I would say it was better than the first. They both sucked enough to make it hard to measure their suckitude accurately. But it was certainly better than Quantumania.