Movie Captain Marvel 2: The Marvels (2023)

None of the current generation of comic book readers know who that is. Better to go with a known character, instead of an obscure dead one.
My dad still has those old comic books. I read them as a kid.

My dad still has those old comic books. I read them as a kid.

Don't give a shit what your dad read. The character has been dead for 40 years.
If you want to spend 150 million + on a character no one cares about, go right ahead.

You have a much better argument for "going woke" with other character choices...this is a retarded hill to die on.

Don't give a shit what your dad read. The character has been dead for 40 years.
If you want to spend 150 million + on a character no one cares about, go right ahead.

You have a much better argument for "going woke" with other character choices...this is a retarded hill to die on.
Why not make Wonder Woman a transgender? This is your logic.

With your reasoning maybe she should be.

If WW had been trans in the comics for 40 years, sure spend whatever money you want to make a movie depicting that since that is the version most viewers will be familiar with.

A movie about Mar-Vell would be met with:

who.gif

If WW had been trans in the comics for 40 years, sure spend whatever money you want to make a movie depicting that since that is the version most viewers will be familiar with.
Youre Crazy Bounty Hunter GIF by DefyTV

A movie about Mar-Vell would be met with:

who.gif
to be fair, they are all going to start like that for some of these characters, especially when you introduce a lesser known hero.

I think Danvers fits in nicely with the current MCU Avengers line up...another white dude isn't really needed, IMO...so you grab a different iteration of the character.

plus, they want to broaden their reach, so they incorporate women superheroes, or gay, or trans...whatever there is that someone can relate to and try to grab that share of the market.

making more money much more important sometimes than making fanboys happy.

especially when someone like Gigi doesn't know the difference between Captain Marvel/Shazam and Marvel's Captain Marvel.

Delayed half a year to Friday, November 10, 2023. Poster:

j7mzif5d5sia1.jpg

Looks pretty good!

Oh yeah.
Captain Marvel, the retarded stepchild of super hero movies.

Can't wait

Last edited: