Champions League 20/21

If nothing else the SL has caused the banter to go way up. :laugh3:

2 soft goals against PSG give City the lead going home.

Well one was soft and the other was threaded though the wall.

2 soft goals against PSG give City the lead going home.

Well one was soft and the other was threaded though the wall.
And then the inevitable red card. I thought for sure Neymar would get the red card. PSG is not a great team. A healthy Bayern would have toasted them. They live on the counter attack which Pep shut down in 2nd half. PSG pitiful in the 2nd half.

And then the inevitable red card. I thought for sure Neymar would get the red card. PSG is not a great team. A healthy Bayern would have toasted them. They live on the counter attack which Pep shut down in 2nd half. PSG pitiful in the 2nd half.

Pretty much concur. Neymar is beyond petulant. When he quits it's obvious.

My wife is going to kill me if I add DAZN full time. I'm going to have to examine more closely what they offer aside from Champion's League. TSN will have the WC and Europe Nations when they happen in their entirety. They will also have the rugby WC which I'm a huge fan of as well.

And Sunday Ticket stands alone on cable.

It really depends on what they (DAZN) have because I really dislike live streaming.

Gotta also give credit where credit is due. City is just incredible this season.

Gotta also give credit where credit is due. City is just incredible this season.
Yes they are. Hard to see them not winning this. Only Pep can stop them lol. City started off slow but since New Year, pretty much a machine. They are beatable. United found a way recently, Chelsea, and Leeds. Not impossible but it will be tough. Not sure if I can take City vs Real Madrid in final. Ugh.

They were outplayed until they got the first cheap goal.
Problem with PSG is they are too soft. League 1, don't get enough tough physical games, and when they run into a battle tough City they fold up, whine, and start the cheap shots. Mbappe couldn't break down Walker and kind of just gave up. Even League 1 they are struggling this year. 7 losses at home including Lille, Lyon, Monaco.

I am a Bundesliga fan more than anything, but I like watching Premier League games too when big matchups on, although watched Brom vs Leicester this week. Premier League has a lot in midweek games at lunch time out here on the west coast.

I am a Bundesliga fan more than anything, but I like watching Premier League games too when big matchups on, although watched Brom vs Leicester this week. Premier League has a lot in midweek games at lunch time out here on the west coast.
I do like that they are putting more games on different days to maximize the tv coverage (and money) they can get. There is so weeks where a game is on everyday. And during the work week it’s usually 3 out east which is not horrible.

No Mbappe start today. Calf issue. Doesn't look good for PSG.

PSG crybabies. Wow!

I had a wood chipper working next door so I didn't hear that but it's likely.
I was right I did hear that. CBS analyst Jim Beglin said it:

Beglin attributed Di María’s attack to “that Latino temperament,” evoking a common stereotype used against Latinos. Di María, who has played for PSG since 2015, is Argentine.
About 10 minutes later, Beglin expressed contrition.
“When Di Maria was sent off, I said, or I described it by using the word ‘Latino,’" he said on air. “For anybody that’s taken offense to that, I do apologize — sincerely apologize.”

I was right I did hear that. CBS analyst Jim Beglin said it:

Beglin attributed Di María’s attack to “that Latino temperament,” evoking a common stereotype used against Latinos. Di María, who has played for PSG since 2015, is Argentine.
About 10 minutes later, Beglin expressed contrition.
“When Di Maria was sent off, I said, or I described it by using the word ‘Latino,’" he said on air. “For anybody that’s taken offense to that, I do apologize — sincerely apologize.”

Doesn't have to for me.

I'm not sure who was broadcasting my feed.

I think it's a true statement in general.

And of course in general is against the rules these days.

But not at Chez Hankela.

I'll live with my sins.