Champions League 2023/2024

Once again Tuchel getting it wrong. Laimer/Goretzka midfield garbage. I see Pavlovic on the bench. Need him to replace Laimer. Sane a lot of movement, but still the giveaways. Might get Tel in at some point, but Bayern really thin at wing.

I actually think Goretzka is very valuable when the ball is in the air. He makes a lot of clearing headers.
Of the Kimmich header. That was sweet. But they had to hold on for a long time so it was tenuous. I didn’t like the bit of Keystone cops at the end of the first half. It looked like a tying goal was coming there.
And I’m so glad city is out. Something about that team I just don’t like. Anyway, I saw both games without spoilers once again. A great day.

Also, even though I don't like RM, Ancelotti is still the coolest gaffer ever
View attachment 118744
And Bayern Munich players mutinied against him a few years ago. Ribery, Robben I think a few others and sacked right after a 3-0 loss to PSG. Idiots at Bayern.

Yeah, seen a lot of them ripping him, predominantly Roy Keane and Raphael Van der Vaart, both essentially saying outside the 18 yd box, he useless. Also heard him described as a flat track bully, scores a lot against the Brentford's and Luton's of the world, but against good teams not so much.
True. He scores alot against Man U. Scored a fair amount against Bayern too. Even Salzburg versus Liverpool. But the EPL is a tough league. A lot of talent and if you are a one trick poney you get figured out over time. That is why Mbappe staying away from th EPL.

I actually think Goretzka is very valuable when the ball is in the air. He makes a lot of clearing headers.
Of the Kimmich header. That was sweet. But they had to hold on for a long time so it was tenuous. I didn’t like the bit of Keystone cops at the end of the first half. It looked like a tying goal was coming there.
And I’m so glad city is out. Something about that team I just don’t like. Anyway, I saw both games without spoilers once again. A great day.
Goretzka almost all the clears yesterday. Kimmich has been a beast since moved back to right back. He was the next Philip Lahn until his ego got to him and thought he was a midfielder. At midfield though, only Pavlovic can deal with the buildup best. He is a true number 6. Exactly what Bayern next season.

True. He scores alot against Man U. Scored a fair amount against Bayern too. Even Salzburg versus Liverpool. But the EPL is a tough league. A lot of talent and if you are a one trick poney you get figured out over time. That is why Mbappe staying away from th EPL.
If you have a good sized and physical center back that can bully him (Van Djik, Gabriel, Rudiger) you can pretty well negate him.

As far as Mbappe, I think he'd still do well, but not as well as everyone thinks. His speed and finishing wouldn't be enough IMO. People compare him to Thierry Henry, but in addition to speed and finishing, Henry also was hugely creative and often unselfish. People remember his goals, but forget, he also had a shit ton of assists, and probably created as many, if not more, goals than he scored, not sure Mbappe could do that. Also, and lets be honest, if you had the choice, would you rather live and play in Manchester/Liverpool or Madrid/Barcelona?

Last edited:
Well Germany just locked up the 5th team. England out of all competitions now.

Well Germany just locked up the 5th team. England out of all competitions now.
Villa still flying the standard, but yeah, Germany’s got it.

Bailing on work at noon tomorrow. Priorities! Family, Bayern Munich, work in that order.

Going to go for a swim after dropping my son off at his group.

Missus is over in Italy for 2 weeks so I don't have to bother with her.

Nothing pressing from work. Never is. But the $$ keep rolling in. Working from home is sublime.

So I'll just read for a couple of hours before the game, maybe Q myself a burger for lunch, crack a brew and settle in .

Going to go for a swim after dropping my son off at his group.

Missus is over in Italy for 2 weeks so I don't have to bother with her.

Nothing pressing from work. Never is. But the $$ keep rolling in. Working from home is sublime.

So I'll just read for a couple of hours before the game, maybe Q myself a burger for lunch, crack a brew and settle in .
Nice. I have to go office 3 days a week now. Tuesday and Wednesday required but most people aren’t following the rules. I usually bail by noon anyways Bayern Munich no Bayern Munich and work at home in the afternoon. It is 540 AM and already in office. I am not dealing with traffic anymore at my age, If I wanted I could retire. Nice position to be in now. I will join the other game tomorrow in second half. Get free lunch on Wednesday and bail after that.

Nice. I have to go office 3 days a week now. Tuesday and Wednesday required but most people aren’t following the rules. I usually bail by noon anyways Bayern Munich no Bayern Munich and work at home in the afternoon. It is 540 AM and already in office. I am not dealing with traffic anymore at my age, If I wanted I could retire. Nice position to be in now. I will join the other game tomorrow in second half. Get free lunch on Wednesday and bail after that.

If I wasn’t living the dream working from home like I am and barely doing anything I’d have retired three years ago. But this is easy Peezy, so I’m not leaving it behind.

No De Ligt today but Gnabry back. Laimer and Musiala who were injured over the weekend are back. Oh boy we will have a Kim and Dier at centerbacks. Midfield will be the biggest issue with Laimer and Goretzka. Wish they’d start Pavs,

Could have used De Ligt. Kim a fraud. How did he win Serie A defender of the year? Kim and Upa kill Bayern in the biggest games.

Sane doing his usually fumbling of the ball and launching way over the net.

Possession has been real good, but someone needs to get a shot on goal.

Real just know how to win.

Whoa!! Here we go!! Sane first goal in 25 games. That was rocket and Kane penalty right after.

Could have used De Ligt. Kim a fraud. How did he win Serie A defender of the year? Kim and Upa kill Bayern in the biggest games.

Sane doing his usually fumbling of the ball and launching way over the net.

Possession has been real good, but someone needs to get a shot on goal.

Real just know how to win.
Bayern up 2-1 since you posted that lol.

Kim cannot start again! Killing Bayern!!!