Champions League 2023/2024

Europa Final in a few minutes. Good story for both teams here. This is the one where Leverkusen could lose. Atalanta is good and Gasperini coached team a tough out. He is 66 and never won a trophy. Neither has Atalanta in top flight I believe. Still rooting Leverkusen and if they win undefeated season just about done and dusted. Wirtz injured for last 5 games and only played as a substitute. Need a big game from him today.
Yeah, I won't mind either side winning. I like Atalanta and how they've been building up better and better over the last 5-6 years or so. I also would like to see Leverkusen do a true "Invincible" season across all competitions, and Xabi seems like a good egg.

1-0 Atalanta. Leverkusen looking very unLeverkusken like. All the action so far has been in their back half of the field.

1-0 Atalanta. Leverkusen looking very unLeverkusken like. All the action so far has been in their back half of the field.
Bad timing for a 51 game unbeaten streak to end. 51 straight and then lose in Europa final. Yikes!

Leverkusen was very very lucky this year too. It was going to end at some point. Law of averages. Can't keep winning game scoring 30 goals after 80 minute mark and 15 in injury time. Living and dieing on a tight rope.

Leverkusen was very very lucky this year too. It was going to end at some point. Law of averages. Can't keep winning game scoring 30 goals after 80 minute mark and 15 in injury time. Living and dieing on a tight rope.
And it ended losing big. I'm not surprised Atalanta won, but I expected it to be a close game.

And it ended losing big. I'm not surprised Atalanta won, but I expected it to be a close game.
Me too. Leverkusen really showed nothing. Gasperini gave Xabi a lesson tonight in tactics. Leverkusen even with same roster won't be as good next year. Got a lot of breaks, and were pretty healthy other than Boniface.

Dortmund had a chance early.

Then gave it up late...
Had to miss game. Important family thing. Just heard Dortmund bottled some good chances in first half. But as usual, Real Madrid does what Real Madrid does. Wait til next year now when Mbappe and Endrick join them. Front like of Mbappe, Vini, Rodrygo with Bellingham. Only hope is they can't replace Kroos but I doubt it.

Last post for me on this thread as season ends today for 2023/2024 with makeup Serie A game, but couldn't help but laugh.

Last post for me on this thread as season ends today for 2023/2024 with makeup Serie A game, but couldn't help but laugh.

Don't know if you've ever followed the Turkish League or know about it's history, but Mou's attitude and shit-talking will fit right in with the history of Fenerbache v Galatasaray. Fenerbache fans will love him.

On a side note, Fenerbache v Galatasaray is one of the derbies I'd really like to see in person someday, up there with River v Boca.