Chauncey Billups: Why is Allen Iverson in the HoF and I'm not?

And still not a Hall of Famer. You said it yourself in your last sentence.

"AI was a "generational scorer".
Sic

Which is exactly what you said and what I quoted you as saying.

So yes, you did say so yourself.

Dam give AI:

Ben Wallace, Sheed, Tayshon and Rip. Lindsey Hunter was a poor mans AI for a bit.

Chauncey was great in the finals and pretty solid on D I’ll give him that but he’s no AI

LMAO, did you just drop Matt Geiger and reference in his prime?

Dikembe played with Iverson for 1.5 years.
Coleman left right after Iverson was drafted and returned to play on the downswing of his career.
Toni Kukoc played for Philly for half of two seasons.

If you're actually going to go off who Iversons best teammates were peak in Philly they would be
Aaron McKie
Eric Snow
Theo Ratliff

Chaunceys were:
Rip Hamilton
Rasheed Wallace
Tayshaun Prince
Ben Wallace

for multiple years.....
i was 9 during the 2001 NBA Finals

if i knew then what i knew now, i probably wouldn't have watched a second of that series. that's a tragic supporting cast

AI was a great scorer and had a shit ton of steals if my memory serves me correct but he wasn’t the shutdown type defender like Chauncey was. Chauncey was a pretty solid all around guard if you like cats that can play both ways. That Pistons team had some nasty defenders and yeah Chauncey played out his mind offensively during that series against LA

And still not a Hall of Famer. You said it yourself in your last sentence.

"AI was a "generational scorer".

Billups was a very good player with a career to be proud of. But he wasn't a generational anything.
incorrect. stop putting words in my mouth please, because theyre kinda all here n stuff.

kindly provide a verbatim quote where i called billups a "generational player" [sic]

i'll wait a while. should be quite a wait. is every player in springfield a "generational player"?

go. i await both replies.

i was 9 during the 2001 NBA Finals

if i knew then what i knew now, i probably wouldn't have watched a second of that series. that's a tragic supporting cast
but by advanced metrics its hardly the worst team to go to a finals. by quite a stretch.

AI wasnt on an island fellas.

incorrect. stop putting words in my mouth please, because theyre kinda all here n stuff.

kindly provide a verbatim quote where i called billups a "generational player" [sic]

i'll wait a while. should be quite a wait. is every player in springfield a "generational player"?

go. i await both replies.
lol

I hope you're better at rocket surgery than you are at English.

Post #31 you said "AI was a generational scorer". Those were your words. Not words I "put in your mouth".

I never said you claimed Billups was a generational player.

I said that Billups not being a generational player is why he isn't in the Hall of Fame.

AI was generational and is in the HoF because of it. Billups isn't and that's why he's not. It's that simple.

lol

I hope you're better at rocket surgery than you are at English.

Post #31 you said "AI was a generational scorer". Those were your words. Not words I "put in your mouth".

I never said you claimed Billups was a generational player.

I said that Billups not being a generational player is why he isn't in the Hall of Fame.

AI was generational and is in the HoF because of it. Billups isn't and that's why he's not. It's that simple.
so, i didnt call billups a generational player in reference to AI?

i'll wait for my verbatim quote.

you disregarded the part about "is every player in springfield a generational player?

respond. Y or N acceptable.

so, i didnt call billups a generational player in reference to AI?

i'll wait for my verbatim quote.

you disregarded the part about "is every player in springfield a generational player?

respond. Y or N acceptable.

I never said you did call Billups a generational player.

Ya know how I know you're wrong and you know it...

You are making shit up and moving goalposts.

And to answer your goalpost moving question.

The Basketball Hall of Fame, unlike The Pro Football Hall of Fame includes, international players, college careers and people who have made significant contributions to the sport. For example, Arvydas Sabonis is in the HoF more for his international career than his NBA career.

Billups was a very good player, but really hasn't done anything remarkable enough to get him in for either his college or NBA career.

So, if player is in the Basketball Hall of Fame, chances are he was generational at some level or made a significant contribution to the sport.

I never said you did call Billups a generational player.

Ya know how I know you're wrong and you know it...

You are making shit up and moving goalposts.

And to answer your goalpost moving question.

The Basketball Hall of Fame, unlike The Pro Football Hall of Fame includes, international players, college careers and people who have made significant contributions to the sport. For example, Arvydas Sabonis is in the HoF more for his international career than his NBA career.

Billups was a very good player, but really hasn't done anything remarkable enough to get him in for either his college or NBA career.

So, if player is in the Basketball Hall of Fame, chances are he was generational at some level or made a significant contribution to the sport.
so, i didnt say it, you implied it did...

so not EVERY player in springfield (been about 15 times, its close) is a 'generational player" i.e its not a requirement for enshrinement?

Here's the thing, no one is knocking Billups as a player. He's a borderline HOF player and quite possibly deserving.

But he basically said he's better than Iverson, which is absurd on almost every level possible. Chauncey has more in common with Tim Hardaway and Hardaway isn't in the HOF either.

I think Chauncey does get into the HOF, but him complaining and trying to bring down AI to suit himself is ridiculous. He should be better than that.

I didn't imply anything.

Please tell me you're better at rocket surgery than you are reading and comprehension. Or that they at least don't let you touch rockets that will have people in them.

Here's the thing, no one is knocking Billups as a player. He's a borderline HOF player and quite possibly deserving.

But he basically said he's better than Iverson, which is absurd on almost every level possible. Chauncey has more in common with Tim Hardaway and Hardaway isn't in the HOF either.

I think Chauncey does get into the HOF, but him complaining and trying to bring down AI to suit himself is ridiculous. He should be better than that.

Exactly. Like I said, Chauncey was a very good player with a career to be proud of. But it ain't the Hall of Very Good.

so not EVERY player in springfield (been about 15 times, its close) is a 'generational player" i.e its not a requirement for enshrinement?

Wrong again.

The English language just isn't really your thing, is it?

if you have to make your own case for the hall of fame, you dont belong

Chris Webber needs to be in the HOF though.