• Potato salad with a kick of cilantro

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

fordman84

Administrator
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 95,570.00
This is always a debate among my friends and coworkers when we go out to eat. Do you love cilantro, hate it, or don't even notice it?

Note: You make make up to 2 choices. No mas.

I love a little cilantro in salsa and guac and tacos.

But too much is just way too overpowering.
That's what most people tell me. I can't stand it, even one little piece and I can taste it in my guac or any other food. To me it tastes like pennies but the soap reference I can get as well. Just has an overpowering metallic taste to it. I hear it is a genetic thing, some taste it like I do and others it tastes like any other herb. Same thing with asparagus pee, apparently some people can't smell it.

That's what most people tell me. I can't stand it, even one little piece and I can taste it in my guac or any other food. To me it tastes like pennies but the soap reference I can get as well. Just has an overpowering metallic taste to it. I hear it is a genetic thing, some taste it like I do and others it tastes like any other herb. Same thing with asparagus pee, apparently some people can't smell it.

Yeah, I've heard that it's genetic as well.

As for asparagus, if I eat more than a few, I almost gag myself with the stink of my piss. lol

I'm with you.

if there is too much, I pick it off...but I like some.

Cilantro goes great with slow cooker carnitas tacos. Never under any circumstances use kale in anything though. That stuff's nasty.

Reactions: ill
I'm better off than some, but the stuff is vile. A little in some salsa doesn't necessarily ruin it for me, but it makes it worse. Then you have people who think the more of it the merrier who should be flogged.

Ed Zachary.

It has s funky taste if there is too much of it.

Every time I have asparagus I always do a double take after a whiz that I have an issue, until I recall the asparagus spears 3 hours before. Love those wrapped up in black forest ham...

This has been a debate at home too.

I have what we are presuming to be a gene that makes more than just a dash of cilantro taste like soap. Utterly soapy.

No thanks. I will keep my spork in hand....ready to stab.

Bingo.

Cilantro, Rosemary and Green Bell Pepper are nice in moderation but easy to overdo and kill the palate.

Some for salsa yes

Wife makes a killer Cuban sauce with the dish. Cilantro mayo avocado garlic little jalapeño dilute with some water. Smoked pork loin with rice black beans and plantains

mang!

I like a little but some places put way too much on

I've never seen a green stink bug (at least i dont think so) ive only ever seen them brown/grey
The ol' urban legend is true.

BT has nearly jacked himself Blind.