Classic NFL Games

Matt Ryan doesn't play defense, not to say he wasn't complicit.

Well, of course not. It wouldn't be right to give most of the credit to a select few and ignore everyone else.

As a team, ATL collectively pulled off the greatest, single-game faceplant in modern sports history. Everyone contributed, players and coaches. :nod:

Can't see the vid you posted but I remember it. 3 catches and 3 touchdowns in Dallas. That Vikings team losing in the NFC title game the way they did is one of my fondest football memories.
Don’t need the video here. I remember it well. I greatly enjoyed the pumpkin pie that day.

Here is something that shouldn't get blocked.

How about a little USFL action?

This isn't a classic game but it is a classic Giants fan meltdown that @Guy Incognito and @Orlando_Eagles in particular may find entertaining:

Oh yes. This is not even a year old and I know there will never be a time this won’t make me roll over laughing.

It’s just too amazing. A Giants fan with that accent? Can you imagine living somewhere in TN or NC and your kid just won’t move out but sits down in the basement screaming like that all the time?

Brees breaks Marino's single season passing yards record.

Finished this one a few days ago. Vikings lost cuz 1. god damn that defense fucking suuuuuuucked and 2. their HC kept doing dumb shit. Also, injuries.

But humans are lazy, shitty, and have short memories. So, yeah, the kicker gets blamed. You get the idea; vikings choked, Robert Griffith can't catch for shit, and people suck.

I can't see a healthy vikings team doing any better vs the broncos than the falcons did anyway.

The 1998 AFCCG really was the SB that year. Cuz the jets also would've rolled up & smoked either NFC team.

The last regular season home game for Sweetness.

I was there.......still have the ticket stub framed on my wall,but not the poster of the painting that was handed to him that day.......

1987-walter-payton-ed-virginia-mccaskey-eugene-sawyerjpg.jpg

Good ol'Sweetness.....sad day to watch a legend ending his career........

I think this picture was taken the final minutes of the game:

chi-payton25last-19871220.jpg

Now I gotta wipe my eyes......thanks.

I was there.......still have the ticket stub framed on my wall,but not the poster of the painting that was handed to him that day.......

View attachment 116959

Good ol'Sweetness.....sad day to watch a legend ending his career........

I think this picture was taken the final minutes of the game:

View attachment 116960

Now I gotta wipe my eyes......thanks.
That picture of him on the bench, I believe, is from the playoff loss to the Redskins that season.

Washington ran a punt back and that was the deciding score.

Sometimes life is so cruel. Imagine an NFL where Barry, Emmit and Walter are in their prime all at the exact same time.

That picture of him on the bench, I believe, is from the playoff loss to the Redskins that season.

Washington ran a punt back and that was the deciding score.

Sometimes life is so cruel. Imagine an NFL where Barry, Emmit and Walter are in their prime all at the exact same time.

Believe it or not,I was at that game too.....lol.....and the pic, it could have been the Washington game......
They just paid us back after the huge huge upset in the 1984 season playoff game where Todd"ring my " Bell put a ferocious lick on Joe Washington:

The full game:

Imagine an NFL where Barry, Emmit and Walter are in their prime all at the exact same time.
I'm of the opinion that Barry and Walter were in a class by themselves at the tip top of NFL's greatest RBs in history.

Emmitt had the career numbers and the championships and is worthy of HOF and all that, but Emmitt also ran behind one of the greatest offensive lines in NFL history and had the pressure and focus taken off of him by HOF QB, WR and FB. Barry and Walter didn't have any of that and dominated/electrified games themselves.

Bo Jackson was so fast and powerful that he ran out of his own f'n skeleton and ended his career way too early to be considered in that Barry and Walter tip top. If Bo would've had more time in, he'd definitely be > Emmitt, too.

And the 86 season ended for us Bear fans cause of a jackass named Charles Martin(I was at this game too):

In the end,Charles got what he deserved......even wore a hit list that day:

e94435bb-102016-nfl-packers-charles-martin-pi.jpg

I truly believed he ruined our back to back SB Titles......

My greatest game(I actually missed because I had to take the daughter and a few of her friends to a Lady GA-GA concert,) sad to say:

After dropping them off,I hit the local bar to see the last of the 4th qtr and ot.......

Nevermind the weather angle, but my nomination is the Ice Bowl. It was a great game with even greater result.

Ten @ Jax, 1999 reg season wk 3

Jacksonville is the NFL's undisputed #1 team at wasting opportunities, blowing games, and generally just doing really dumb shit.

Anyone here is more than welcome to disagree. And they'd be wrong.

Skip to 48:45 for the dropped pass-deflected off foot-int play. Never saw that play before. I've seen other dropped pass-deflected off foot-int plays, but not that one.

And then the stupid fake FG att to end the half. Kicker could've done a better job of moving his fucking ass, tho.

About to start the 2H.

Finished this one a few days ago. Vikings lost cuz 1. god damn that defense fucking suuuuuuucked and 2. their HC kept doing dumb shit. Also, injuries.

But humans are lazy, shitty, and have short memories. So, yeah, the kicker gets blamed. You get the idea; vikings choked, Robert Griffith can't catch for shit, and people suck.

I can't see a healthy vikings team doing any better vs the broncos than the falcons did anyway.

The 1998 AFCCG really was the SB that year. Cuz the jets also would've rolled up & smoked either NFC team.

Denny Green lost the game. Tries to put more points on the board before halftime and Cunningham fumbles, Falcons score on the next play. Instead of going into the locker room up 20 - 7 it's 20 - 14.

49 seconds left after Atlanta ties it and he just runs out the clock while having the #1 scoring offense in the history of the league!

Yeah I completely disagree, the Vikings were the best team in the league that year and if anyone else was coaching the team they would have won the Superbowl.

ahhahahaaa