Clemson Joins FSU in Suing the ACC To Get Out of Media Rights

but you think a conference without FSU would drop that far in the eyes of the powers that be? even taking out a few more like NC, Clemson, Miami?
that the remainder wouldnt at the very least be looked at in the same light as the Big XII?
It won' tbe just FSU. Clemson has joined the suit, and if they go you can expect UNC and others to consider it. Yes, if they take FSU, Clemson, and UNC, the ACC is now closer to G6 than P5. But, maybe with Stanford and Cal they stay P4. If they do that, you can be sure the B1G and SEC will make sure that you don't get a no. 2 team from the ACC like Syracuse or Pitt.

the only reason it happened to the Pac is because they lost everyone.
When the ACC breaks up it wouldn't be surprising to see either none or very few teams go (my take), or 8 teams going to the B1G and SEC.

When the ACC breaks up it wouldn't be surprising to see either none or very few teams go (my take), or 8 teams going to the B1G and SEC.
You think there are 8 teams that can bring value high enough not to cause a reduction in pay to the current members?

You think there are 8 teams that can bring value high enough not to cause a reduction in pay to the current members?
Nooo ... that's why I said - "very few teams go (my take),"

Assuming the GOR gets broken, something I don't think happens:

- FSU and Clemson are the only ones with TV Viewership enough to get a full share.
- But, they don't have CFP leverage until 2028, and probably not even then.
- Some here say that UNC and UVa are big targets, yet they have never explained how the economics of that work
- Many just say this stuff about expansion because they like expansion without understanding the underlying issues (CFP leverage, the fact that mid to lower teams don't want more losses, etc.) - these are the Super League people.
- Teams without AAU affiliation, which is not something you just go and get, are screwed with the B1G as it is very important to the them.
- ND has an open invite to any conference, at any time. It's the only school I'd like to see the SEC get, and the only one for which I would want them to break their contiguous state rule. But, ND doesn't want the SEC and is a much better fit for the B1G. And, I think thy like being independent and stay so.

Nooo ... that's why I said - "very few teams go (my take),"

Assuming the GOR gets broken, something I don't think happens:

- FSU and Clemson are the only ones with TV Viewership enough to get a full share.
- But, they don't have CFP leverage until 2028, and probably not even then.
- Some here say that UNC and UVa are big targets, yet they have never explained how the economics of that work
- Many just say this stuff about expansion because they like expansion without understanding the underlying issues (CFP leverage, the fact that mid to lower teams don't want more losses, etc.) - these are the Super League people.
- Teams without AAU affiliation, which is not something you just go and get, are screwed with the B1G as it is very important to the them.
- ND has an open invite to any conference, at any time. It's the only school I'd like to see the SEC get, and the only one for which I would want them to break their contiguous state rule. But, ND doesn't want the SEC and is a much better fit for the B1G. And, I think thy like being independent and stay so.
I don’t think they would have to break it. Kentucky is contiguous with Indiana isn’t it?

I don’t think they would have to break it. Kentucky is contiguous with Indiana isn’t it?
Why yes, I do believe you are correct. They don't teach geography in law school, just the names of states where it is easier to sue the fuck outta someone or something.

Why yes, I do believe you are correct. They don't teach geography in law school, just the names of states where it is easier to sue the fuck outta someone or something.
C'mon, man. Tell me when you think of Notre Dame, which is in northern Indiana, the first thing you think of is that it is in a state contiguous to the SEC.

But he is correct. I still think ND stays independent or go to the B1G.

C'mon, man. Tell me when you think of Notre Dame, which is in northern Indiana, the first thing you think of is that it is in a state contiguous to the SEC.

I didn't . Wasn't till I read DC's post that I realized that fact, buuuuuut, I did look it up before I made that post.
Yeah, ND ain't going nowhere.

i mean now Colorado is. Prime to the SEC at Colorado make it happen

Yeah, most think more like Chicago than Indiana when they hear Notre Dame.

And those Kentucky guys could actually be considered Southern Yankees ya know. Kentucky is probably closer to Michigan than Florida. I'm gonna look it up.

I didn't . Wasn't till I read DC's post that I realized that fact, buuuuuut, I did look it up before I made that post.
Yeah, ND ain't going nowhere.
Hell, I wasn't even close.

According to that thar thing called Google Maps, it is 331 miles from Lexington, KY to Ann Arbor, MI. But it is 713 miles from Lexington, KY to Gainesville, FL! More than twice as far!