Cleveland Spiders

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
Is it too soon for the Cleveland Guardians to change their name to the Cleveland Spiders? With talks that the Washington Commanders may have to change their name, getting lucky at a second chance, Cleveland should just admit they made a mistake and go with the Spiders. Guardians is arguably one of the worst mascots and logo's in professional sports. The only team that comes close to being as bad as them is the Washington Commanders, who very well may get lucky enough to have to change their name again.

Spiders would've been way better than Guardians. If you're going to stick with Guardians, for the love of God please change the logo, it's as basic and clip art looking at the Colorado Rockies that debuted in the 90's.

There is only one solution:
1689604556563.png

Is it too soon for the Cleveland Guardians to change their name to the Cleveland Spiders? With talks that the Washington Commanders may have to change their name, getting lucky at a second chance, Cleveland should just admit they made a mistake and go with the Spiders. Guardians is arguably one of the worst mascots and logo's in professional sports. The only team that comes close to being as bad as them is the Washington Commanders, who very well may get lucky enough to have to change their name again.

Spiders would've been way better than Guardians. If you're going to stick with Guardians, for the love of God please change the logo, it's as basic and clip art looking at the Colorado Rockies that debuted in the 90's.
There was nothing wrong with the Indians name. It wasn't derogatory in any way. It's sort of like getting the black ladies face off the syrup bottle. Can't have any of that.

There was nothing wrong with the Indians name. It wasn't derogatory in any way. It's sort of like getting the black ladies face off the syrup bottle. Can't have any of that.
I still say they should have kept "Indians", changed the mascot to look like Ghandi, and had Curry Night at the ballpark.

And move the Brewers back to Seattle.

Both the Twins and Rangers back to Washington.

The A’s back to Philadelphia, the Giants back to New York.

Braves need to stay where they’re at though. Same with the Dodgers. Dodgers fans need to limited to the west coast, out of sight and out of mind

I was in the "I hate the new name" club. After a season I think most fans have settled in and don't really think about it. FWIW, my vote was for Spiders since it has previously been a name so it would reconnect with the team's history.

I still have my Indians hats, shirts, etc and wear them to the games as do a lot of people.

The Dolans made a deal with the devil (Manfred) to get the All-Star game in Cle

I was in the "I hate the new name" club. After a season I think most fans have settled in and don't really think about it. FWIW, my vote was for Spiders since it has previously been a name so it would reconnect with the team's history.

I still have my Indians hats, shirts, etc and wear them to the games as do a lot of people.
City’s history, not team’s.

The old Cleveland Spiders were not the same team as the Indians.

The team’s history would have required either Rapids Rippers(which would be cool IMO), Lake Shores(gay), Bluebirds(too close to Blue Jays), Bronchos(what?) or Naps(more racist than Indians)

City’s history, not team’s.

The old Cleveland Spiders were not the same team as the Indians.

The team’s history would have required either Rapids Rippers(which would be cool IMO), Lake Shores(gay), Bluebirds(too close to Blue Jays), Bronchos(what?) or Naps(more racist than Indians)
Fair enough, but I think you get what I am saying. Go back to a name that was previously used that actually sounds cool. As much as they want to point to that stupid bridge for justification, Guardians was a lazy PC effort. Personally, I would be ok with Cleveland Baseball Club and no mascot which was an early suggestion.

Fair enough, but I think you get what I am saying. Go back to a name that was previously used that actually sounds cool. As much as they want to point to that stupid bridge for justification, Guardians was a lazy PC effort. Personally, I would be ok with Cleveland Baseball Club and no mascot which was an early suggestion.
This isn’t Europe and MLB isn’t a faggy soccer league. That suggestion was rightfully dead on arrival

Spiders would have been my pick.

If/when the Braves have to change their name, I hope they go with either the Peach Fuckers or Hammers

This isn’t Europe and MLB isn’t a faggy soccer league. That suggestion was rightfully dead on arrival

Spiders would have been my pick.

If/when the Braves have to change their name, I hope they go with either the Peach Fuckers or Hammers
Crackers....

And move the Brewers back to Seattle.

Both the Twins and Rangers back to Washington.

The A’s back to Philadelphia, the Giants back to New York.

Braves need to stay where they’re at though. Same with the Dodgers. Dodgers fans need to limited to the west coast, out of sight and out of mind
Nah, son. Braves go back to Bahston.