TV Series Cobra Kai

Every time I see an ad for this, I’m tempted to watch then I see Ralph macchio’s stupid little weasely face and move onto something else.
Ultimately, it’s well worth dealing with Ralph’s weasely face.

How about the little brother that doesn't exist for 90% of the show?
Ha ha ha. Yeah, one scene in season 3 the kid was in. I was like “oh, he’s grown”. I just think they found between actor and writing this kid isn’t working. So they put him in as little as possible.

The Mrs and I just finished season 3 and we both thought it was pretty good.

Netflix has already announced there will be a season 4 so.............................

The original luster is dying on me. It's an ok show, but there are no strong actors and that makes it cringey at times.

The original luster is dying on me. It's an ok show, but there are no strong actors and that makes it cringey at times.
I LOL'd at the "pit of deadly snakes"...it was full of constrictors.
1609981816426.png

The Mrs and I just finished season 3 and we both thought it was pretty good.

Netflix has already announced there will be a season 4 so.............................
I did my “that was a great season, how long do I need to wait for the next one” google search after finishing season 3. Word I read is that all the scripts for season 4 have been written and finalized.

Just need to get everyone together and film it. I would imagine we are still looking at a good 12 months until season 4.

I did my “that was a great season, how long do I need to wait for the next one” google search after finishing season 3. Word I read is that all the scripts for season 4 have been written and finalized.

Just need to get everyone together and film it. I would imagine we are still looking at a good 12 months until season 4.

Agreed. As much as I am looking forward to season 4, I cannot see it progressing much further than that.

Agreed. As much as I am looking forward to season 4, I cannot see it progressing much further than that.
I’ve heard talk of five seasons at one point....but I think the better play is to do 10-12 episodes next season and wrap it up.

Otherwise you risk getting long in the tooth by stretching things out.

Plus, what baddie can you bring back after Krese is handled? You already played the Chosun card. I like how they used him, but it’s been played. Silver is clearly coming back next season.

After that what past characters do you have to bring back? Hillary Swank (I wouldn’t advise it)

I’ve heard talk of five seasons at one point....but I think the better play is to do 10-12 episodes next season and wrap it up.

Plus, what baddie can you bring back after Krese is handled? You already played the Chosun card. I like how they used him, but it’s been played. Silver is clearly coming back next season.

After that what past characters do you have to bring back? Hillary Swank (I wouldn’t advise it)

True that. I would think the only way for the series to continue is if Cobra Kai won the tournament. That could lead to some interesting story development.

The other baddie to bring back is the punk fighter from KK3 perhaps.

True that. I would think the only way for the series to continue is if Cobra Kai won the tournament. That could lead to some interesting story development.

The other baddie to bring back is the punk fighter from KK3 perhaps.
I’m imaging if his crazy ass shows up it will be along with Silver. I would also be fine if he doesn’t show up.

What was the deal? If Cobra Kai loses than Krese leaves....same is the combined dojo loses to Cobra Kai?

What was the deal? If Cobra Kai loses than Krese leaves....same is the combined dojo loses to Cobra Kai?

Yep, that was the deal. I could see if Cobra Kai loses and Krese leaves to have Silver become the new bad guy.

Just spitballin though.

Yep, that was the deal. I could see if Cobra Kai loses and Krese leaves to have Silver become the new bad guy.

Just spitballin though.
That makes some sense. I’m just so leery of shows going too long. Five seasons instead of four could be fine....but beyond that even the greatest shows always have started to waver.

1-2 more seasons max.

He agrees. Now beat it.
Cobra Kai Photoshoot GIF by NETFLIX

Next "Goonies TNG"

Well all of the ones who didn’t play a part that would be a big no no nowadays. I can’t remember the movie I watched the other day but they said fag and faggot a crap ton.
And then there is that I came across today. Just ridiculous. Can't even enjoy an old show anymore

And then there is that I came across today. Just ridiculous. Can't even enjoy an old show anymore

I don't get this. The original movie series obviously had a Asian lead, who if still alive would have played a prominent part in the reboot ( arguably still does) and one of the movies had primarily an Asian cast.

In the reboot the primary teenage protagonist is a minority character. The article says there needs to be more but the focus is on two white guys and their families. I don't think Hawk or Tori being played by POC would be enough to change the narrative. If Demetri is played by an Asian I'm sure some could claim that the portrayal is racist. Aside from that the POC and Caucasian secondary characters fit.