College Hockey

Go any non Minnesota team

F that. Minnesota and Minnesota State are facing each other. It's a rematch from last year when the winner went to the Frozen Four. Biggest win in the history of Minnesota State and they are now facing the biggest win in school history to get to the natty game. They win that and most likely they face Michigan which is a juggernaut this year.

It's hard to argue a David vs Goliath battle when David went 35-7 this year and has the best goalie in the nation but it's a team that saw the 2020 playoffs get canceled when they were the best team in the nation, finally made a frozen four last year and now have to beat a big rival to face a juggernaut that has multiple first round picks on their team.

This is Michigan's tournament to lose but Minnesota State has a better story than Bran the Broken.

F that. Minnesota and Minnesota State are facing each other. It's a rematch from last year when the winner went to the Frozen Four. Biggest win in the history of Minnesota State and they are now facing the biggest win in school history to get to the natty game. They win that and most likely they face Michigan which is a juggernaut this year.

It's hard to argue a David vs Goliath battle when David went 35-7 this year and has the best goalie in the nation but it's a team that saw the 2020 playoffs get canceled when they were the best team in the nation, finally made a frozen four last year and now have to beat a big rival to face a juggernaut that has multiple first round picks on their team.

This is Michigan's tournament to lose but Minnesota State has a better story than Bran the Broken.

Kato is only a David in perception by casuals.

They are favored Thursday. Which means a solid amount because the Gophers were favored against both Umass(in their backyard) and Western Michigan(1 seed and NCHC tournament champs)

Kato is only a David in perception by casuals.

They are favored Thursday. Which means a solid amount because the Gophers were favored against both Umass(in their backyard) and Western Michigan(1 seed and NCHC tournament champs)

Nah. As a casual who got into this a couple years before COVID Mankato is Gonzaga circa 2010. All I've known is wins but my first real year into it they lost to Providence in the first round in a game they were dominating early. Then they were ranked no 1 and looking at a 1 seed and COVID happened. Last year the talk was best team never to win a postseason game. Checked that off with a late goal and it was Kato vs Minnesota for a chance for the Frozen Four. Biggest win in program history. Didn't make the title game but this year, yeah a dominant season and if hockey had brackets like basketball Michigan vs the Mavs would have been like Gonzaga Baylor last year.

But, and this a big but, the Mavs have to defeat Minnesota and most likely Michigan to win a natty. So for Mankato, they a team that had no postseason wins 13 months ago have to beat an in state big brother looking for revenge and a team with more NHL prospects than half of college hockey. And they are doing it with a leading scorer who is from fucking Florida (no shit Nathan Smith us from Tampa) and an undersized goalie who is dominant.

Yeah, this has been building and this is a team that shouldn't be surprised to be here but it's new and it's not like we have the history of Duluth or North Dakota that casuals could recognize as historically strong.

I love how big college basketball games always happen at like 9pm but college hockey is like "ehh quittin time on thursday is fine"

I love how big college basketball games always happen at like 9pm but college hockey is like "ehh quittin time on thursday is fine"

And hockey games get moved from ESPN2 to ESPNU for goddamn Braves vs the shit ass Reds baseball.

Mankato is simply better

I love how people that don't know shit about hockey don't follow hockey........ except @Mofo, but he's a pathetic bandwagon jaggoff that's desperate for a win in life so we allow it.

On a more serious note, I wish I could chat about the UNH Wildcats playing in the tourney, but Dick Umile destroyed the program during his tenure and until and unless the regents at UNH boot his successor out, the alumni and fans are stuck with more of the same.

heartbreaking game, but a great game nonetheless. Good luck to any Denver fans!

Minnesota State up 1-0 going into the 3rd.

Announcers: If Minnesota State gives up 2 or fewer goals they will statistically be the best college defensive team ever.

5-1 final.

Shit

Go any non Minnesota team
alexander ovechkin hockey GIF by NHL

Mankato goalie is a juicer.

I love how people that don't know shit about hockey don't follow hockey........ except @Mofo, but he's a pathetic bandwagon jaggoff that's desperate for a win in life so we allow it.

On a more serious note, I wish I could chat about the UNH Wildcats playing in the tourney, but Dick Umile destroyed the program during his tenure and until and unless the regents at UNH boot his successor out, the alumni and fans are stuck with more of the same.
It's been tough. I still keep hope that eventually those 2000s times and early 2010s come back. The loss to RIT still haunts me. One day I'll get to say UNH is University of National Hockey champions instead of hearing that no hardware bs.

It's been tough. I still keep hope that eventually those 2000s times and early 2010s come back. The loss to RIT still haunts me. One day I'll get to say UNH is University of National Hockey champions instead of hearing that no hardware bs.
I don't think Rex will be replying to this post...

ethan edwards and guy blessing my fav college hockey players