Colonoscopy - Just Do It

My prep story:

Evidently I’m allergic to the stool softener and as soon as I had drank the prep I started itching and getting hives. I couldn’t find any Benadryl so I ran to he store real quick.

Mistake - I had to floor it to get home because that prep kicked in and I barely made it to the toilet. I came super close to having to have my car detailed.
My story - for my 50th birthday, my kids bought one for me. Talk about nonreturnable.

Gonna be 51 next month.

Not looking forward to this procedure.

my brother in law is 42. Going in for 10 HOUR surgery next week for colon cancer. They are taking out all his organs and freezing him to 34 degrees to cut all of his cancer out and put in radiation type liquid at 104 degrees. With this surgery, he will have an 11% chance to live another 5 years and see his daughters graduate high school. Without it, he might not see Christmas.

Damn dude

I’m supposed to schedule mine. No concerns, just lazy.
Angry GIF by Voidz

It’s really not a big deal. The prep isn’t pleasant, but the procedure itself is nothing. Honestly the worst part was putting an IV in my hand for the anesthesia.
You ended up a hand brah too?

They poked me five times in each of the corners of my arms before saying fuck it and going hand IV. Sucked

I'd do it but I'm worried what they'd think if I got a boner

The reason colonoscopys are expensive is the anesthesia....you can always decide to have the procedure while awake and save some $$$ :dhd:

my brother in law is 42. Going in for 10 HOUR surgery next week for colon cancer. They are taking out all his organs and freezing him to 34 degrees to cut all of his cancer out and put in radiation type liquid at 104 degrees. With this surgery, he will have an 11% chance to live another 5 years and see his daughters graduate high school. Without it, he might not see Christmas.
42? Fucking A, man. That's wild.

Hope he has a successful surgery and makes it far beyond the 5 years.

You ended up a hand brah too?

They poked me five times in each of the corners of my arms before saying fuck it and going hand IV. Sucked
They told me they always put it in the hand because they have to roll you on your side for the procedure. It fucking hurt though.

Back