NFL WEEKLY GAME THREAD Conference Championship Sunday

Wasn't it a possible 7 points he gave up on at the end of the half with 10 seconds to go and instead kicked the field goal? Takes only a few secs to throw a TD pass and still have time to go with the FG. Yeah, Campbell is an idiot.

I thought it was 4th down.

If it were up to me, I would have kicked the field goals, but if I were the Lions head coach, we would not have been in the playoffs. No complaints here.
It was close. Give it to the 49ers for being a good team, and Purdy having the best playoff game he could've hoped for.

Niners beat every team in the NFC that made the playoffs. Last time that happened was 1993 (I think)

For the 2nd year in a row OU has most players in Super Bowl.

I'm with beardown on the field goals. Esp in the second half. Good lord give your team a chance. In addition...the run game. Detroit was crushing SF on the ground. But in the second half they put the ball in Goff's hands more.

Why didn't they keep gashing SF on the ground?

When you’re up 14, you make it a 3 score game every time.

I’d be pissed if my team passed up two FG’s and missed the Super Bowl by 3 points

my question is why throw on 4th and 2? Lions were running well all game. Or at least use some play action.

If it were up to me, I would have kicked the field goals, but if I were the Lions head coach, we would not have been in the playoffs. No complaints here.
Even though it may take the Lions another 50 years to get in that position??

Even though it may take the Lions another 50 years to get in that position??
This is the first time in my life that I believed in the Lions (I'm 66 years old). Sometimes call don't go your way (although I am pissed off about that Dallas game), and sometimes the coach doesn't call the plays you want. The Detroit Lions are still My Team,

422605199_2359283687597239_3267491373960740531_n.jpg

This is the first time in my life that I believed in the Lions (I'm 66 years old). Sometimes call don't go your way (although I am pissed off about that Dallas game), and sometimes the coach doesn't call the plays you want. The Detroit Lions are still My Team,

422605199_2359283687597239_3267491373960740531_n.jpg

They still have a great team and they'll be back in a year. They'll do the usual analysis and add a key defensive or offensive player.

They still have a great team and they'll be back in a year. They'll do the usual analysis and add a key defensive or offensive player.
Will they be as good without their Offensive Coordinator, since he's gonna get Washington's HC job? Ask Philly how that can work out.