Congrats to the Cowboys & their fans on becoming first #2 seed ever in history to not make it to the Divisional Round.

I think the one thing we can now safely rule out is the Jimmy Johnson Ring of Honor Snub Curse.

Unless….the curse is effective at the start of each season, in which case….

See you next year in the Superbowl!!!

Suspicion was the throatzilla curse, but that player left the team.

This is a very silly comparison you're trying to make and your facts are very wrong/skewed.

First off, since the Quincy years, the QB position went from being important to being by far the most important position in the game and salaries across the board for that position have skyrocketed. Comparing Quincy's contract to Dak's is just dumb.

Not sure where you're getting your Romo contract info, but here's his final 2 contracts:
View attachment 114985
For his final 2 contracts, Romo was about 12th in the league in QB salary per year. You could probably argue that he was underpaid for his value to the team.

The situation with Dak is a little different. He hasn't won anything in the playoffs yet, but he's also an all-pro which should put him comfortably in the top 10 earners in the position and probably in the top 5...and that's exactly where he is.

You're right that he will get a big contract. He's an all-pro and that's the going rate for an all-pro player at the most important position on the field. You're also right that the GM is bad and make's terrible decisions, but paying their QB isn't one of those bad decisions.
Claiming "it's become the most important position in the game" is what I'm getting at. The Cowboys are no better off in the regular season with a low-end bum like Quincy Carter than they were with an overrated mid-range starter like Romo or Prescott. The only difference is, the team paid through the nose for them. If you want to make an argument that they would've lost either to free agency if they had not overpaid, fine. But I am stating that there is passable talent at the low end that achieves the same results.

My guess is, selling pink Romo jerseys and (whatever color Dak commands) is more at the heart of the problem than being able to win football games.

No, Dallas isn't as inept as Chicago or Cleveland when it comes to the QB position, but it also promotes itself as a perennial favorite to win... something, even though the offense is never cohesive enough.

Claiming "it's become the most important position in the game" is what I'm getting at. The Cowboys are no better off in the regular season with a low-end bum like Quincy Carter than they were with an overrated mid-range starter like Romo or Prescott. The only difference is, the team paid through the nose for them. If you want to make an argument that they would've lost either to free agency if they had not overpaid, fine. But I am stating that there is passable talent at the low end that achieves the same results.

My guess is, selling pink Romo jerseys and (whatever color Dak commands) is more at the heart of the problem than being able to win football games.

No, Dallas isn't as inept as Chicago or Cleveland when it comes to the QB position, but it also promotes itself as a perennial favorite to win... something, even though the offense is never cohesive enough.

Your statements are entirely wrong then. You absolutely cannot consistently win in the NFL with an also-ran QB.

Thing is, despite the bravado around the franchise, Dallas actually IS a perennial favorite to win. The Cowboys have the 8th most regular season wins over the past 20 years, and 6th most over the past 10. Teams ahead of Dallas in the 20 yr list: Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, Packers, Ravens, Colts, Saints. For the 10 year period only the Chiefs, Patriots, Steelers, Packers, and Seahawks are ahead.

Guess what every one of those franchises had for long stretches during those time periods (including the Cowboys): a top end QB.

1705618188409.png

I'm not a Cowboys fan, and normally i relish in their self destruction. But they are sort of an anomaly in major sports when it comes to playoff ineptitude.

Your statements are entirely wrong then. You absolutely cannot consistently win in the NFL with an also-ran QB.

Thing is, despite the bravado around the franchise, Dallas actually IS a perennial favorite to win. The Cowboys have the 8th most regular season wins over the past 20 years, and 6th most over the past 10. Teams ahead of Dallas in the 20 yr list: Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, Packers, Ravens, Colts, Saints. For the 10 year period only the Chiefs, Patriots, Steelers, Packers, and Seahawks are ahead.

Guess what every one of those franchises had for long stretches during those time periods (including the Cowboys): a top end QB.

View attachment 114988

I'm not a Cowboys fan, and normally i relish in their self destruction. But they are sort of an anomaly in major sports when it comes to playoff ineptitude.
Pretty sure at least 25 of 32 team consistently promote their QBs as “elite” or “elite-potential”. We won’t know who has decided they can try to run a successful organization without throwing $100 million in a multi year contract nowadays, because it hasn’t happened yet.

The idea that an extended season necessitates a reliable backup alone would suggest not throwing 1/3 of your payroll at a single guy. If every team had 1-2 Quincy Carters, it wouldn’t sell as much merchandise, but odds are, there wouldn’t be a huge dropoff when your Dak / Rodgers / Watson / Brees / Mahomes etc., goes down with an injury.

The Steelers have had two winning records and a playoff berth with Kenny Pickett, a guy signed to a 4 yr / $14 million contract. It can be done.

Also pretty sure Ravens won without a top notch QB.

I think your Cowgirls forgot to show up for their playoff game....

LOL.

I think you forgot to show up for any of your kids games
Tell us again how you played college football.

LOL

Not only that, but Dak has proven to be exactly like Romo. A hack who can't win the big game but performs well enough during the regular season for a dimwit like JJ to give him truckloads of cash. The Cowpies will not be anything while JJ is calling the shots.
you do realize you guys are paying even more money for your QB to fall apart during the season right?
Sly Smile.gif

I like when fans are so simple-minded to think it is the QB that wins & loses.

Romo had to come from behind to take leads only to have his defense fail. Then they would say see. Romo cant win important games.

I watched Dak in the playoffs comeback from 15 pts down in the 4th qtr. to an Aaron Rodgers led team & only leave 29 (or whatever it was) seconds on the clock.
Defense couldnt stop the packers from getting in FG range & winning.
What they say? Dak cant win in the playoffs LOL
No point in arguing with these types of fans.

View attachment 114988

Ravens had a top tier qb for long stretches in that time?

Harbaugh must have told Jerry no.

It’s this kind of crap that makes it hard to be a Dallas fan. 4 years ago Dallas could have gone and got Tom Brady but chose to give Dak a shit ton of money instead, now they have a chance to get Bill as a coach but instead stick with Mikey

It’s this kind of crap that makes it hard to be a Dallas fan. 4 years ago Dallas could have gone and got Tom Brady but chose to give Dak a shit ton of money instead, now they have a chance to get Bill as a coach but instead stick with Mikey
Belichick and Jerry together would have been a geriatric train wreck.

San Francisco disagrees.
Notice they aren't on that list. They're excellent now with Shanahan and his system is definitely more QB friendly than any other in the league, but Purdy is proving himself to be an excellent QB.

Ravens had a top tier qb for long stretches in that time?

Trent Dilfer
Flacco was a top 10 QB in the league and Lamar is a top 5.

Pretty sure at least 25 of 32 team consistently promote their QBs as “elite” or “elite-potential”. We won’t know who has decided they can try to run a successful organization without throwing $100 million in a multi year contract nowadays, because it hasn’t happened yet.

The idea that an extended season necessitates a reliable backup alone would suggest not throwing 1/3 of your payroll at a single guy. If every team had 1-2 Quincy Carters, it wouldn’t sell as much merchandise, but odds are, there wouldn’t be a huge dropoff when your Dak / Rodgers / Watson / Brees / Mahomes etc., goes down with an injury.

The Steelers have had two winning records and a playoff berth with Kenny Pickett, a guy signed to a 4 yr / $14 million contract. It can be done.

Also pretty sure Ravens won without a top notch QB.
For the Ravens: Flacco and Lamar in the past 20 and 10 years.

Mike Tomlin is an elite HC. He's good enough to get the team to above .500 without a QB. When Big Ben was in his prime, they were SB contenders every year. That's the difference. You can have one off good years with spare QBs (the browns won 10 games with Derek Anderson one year), and if your roster and coaching is good enough you can stay around .500 like the Titans did for years under Jeff Fisher. Occasionally, you might have a great season, but it won't be the norm.

And completely agree in regards to the salary cap hit paying top end QBs does to your roster. The best winning window for those franchises is early on when the QB is on a rookie contract. After teams have to start paying their QBs, they also have to start letting other quality position players go to FA.

I like when fans are so simple-minded to think it is the QB that wins & loses.

Romo had to come from behind to take leads only to have his defense fail. Then they would say see. Romo cant win important games.

I watched Dak in the playoffs comeback from 15 pts down in the 4th qtr. to an Aaron Rodgers led team & only leave 29 (or whatever it was) seconds on the clock.
Defense couldnt stop the packers from getting in FG range & winning.
What they say? Dak cant win in the playoffs LOL
No point in arguing with these types of fans.
It's been the same thing with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers for over a decade.

To win in the playoffs, you need talent, preparation, health, cohesion, mojo, luck and especially execution - in all three phases of the game. Only one team gets to hold the trophy at the end of the season and all of those stars need to align at the right time to make it happen. The majority of the time, the team holding the Lombardi in a confetti shower is NOT the team that dominated the regular season, it's the team that faced adversity, persevered, and built momentum.

Last week's Cowboys game wasn't lost because of Dak. The Packers played their best game of the entire season that day. The Packers had cohesion, mojo and execution tipped heavily in their favor and it made a huge difference.

derrrr, i'm a troll Hoop spy going derpa derp Shaggy derp. 100% faggot...100% loser.

Calm down old man. You’re gonna have a stroke.