Congrats to the Cowboys & their fans on becoming first #2 seed ever in history to not make it to the Divisional Round.

I'm fine with it.
Everyone was high on the coaches & Dak before the game.
One game doesnt mean freak out fire & Cut everyone.
Same people bitching that Jerry didn't fire him would be bitching Jerry did fire him. Ignore the noise, shitty people are going to be shitty. :suds:

It's hard to fire a guy that has had 3 straight 12-win seasons and just guided your QB to his best year ever. OTOH, the guy can't seem to win in the playoffs, and his teams are consistently in the league lead in penalties.

Still, is it smart to leave McCarthy on the last year of his deal? Is a lame duck HC gonna have enough authority with the players to get things done?

It's hard to fire a guy that has had 3 straight 12-win seasons and just guided your QB to his best year ever. OTOH, the guy can't seem to win in the playoffs, and his teams are consistently in the league lead in penalties.

Still, is it smart to leave McCarthy on the last year of his deal? Is a lame duck HC gonna have enough authority with the players to get things done?
Not only that, but Dak has proven to be exactly like Romo. A hack who can't win the big game but performs well enough during the regular season for a dimwit like JJ to give him truckloads of cash. The Cowpies will not be anything while JJ is calling the shots.

He never had enough authority because of the constant presence of Jerry. If they fire MM, the next guy will have the same issue.

Not only that, but Dak has proven to be exactly like Romo. A hack who can't win the big game but performs well enough during the regular season for a dimwit like JJ to give him truckloads of cash. The Cowpies will not be anything while JJ is calling the shots.
And it looks like Dallas has no choice but to extend Dak's deal. He will count 60M against the cap next year whether he is on the Cowboys or not. By extending him,, they can lower his cap number, but to do it, they'll have to give him ~50M/year in a 5 or 6 year deal. I'm sure the rest of the NFCE is rather happy at the thought.

Still, on McCarthy, teams usually regret firing coaches who consistently make the playoffs. I remember the Niners booting Mooch b/c he couldn't get over the hump in the playoffs and it backfired too.

And it looks like Dallas has no choice but to extend Dak's deal. He will count 60M against the cap next year whether he is on the Cowboys or not. By extending him,, they can lower his cap number, but to do it, they'll have to give him ~50M/year in a 5 or 6 year deal. I'm sure the rest of the NFCE is rather happy at the thought.

Still, on McCarthy, teams usually regret firing coaches who consistently make the playoffs. I remember the Niners booting Mooch b/c he couldn't get over the hump in the playoffs and it backfired too.
Imagine being a prisoner to giving a QB who can't win the big game the chance to do exactly that for 6 years.

Why? Dak has owned the NFC. He is 32-8

Imagine being a prisoner to giving a QB who can't win the big game the chance to do exactly that for 6 years.
I mean, Hurts has lost the respect of his entire team and staff and has a high dollar for 5 years. Much rather have Dak on 6 years but still the trust of his team than what y'all are stuck with.

Hard to pinpoint a reason for the Cowboys post season struggles. There's no team in any sport that has won as much as the Cowboys during the regular season and struggled as much in the post season.

That's over multiple head and assistant coaches, different QBs, different rosters in general.

The only real constant is the Jones family, and to really blame it on them you'd have to bring in some sort of mythological voodoo into the picture.

Its one of the bizarre outliers in sports.

How far did the Raiders get in the playoffs? Did they at least win their division?
I think your Cowgirls forgot to show up for their playoff game....

LOL.

Hard to pinpoint a reason for the Cowboys post season struggles. There's no team in any sport that has won as much as the Cowboys during the regular season and struggled as much in the post season.

That's over multiple head and assistant coaches, different QBs, different rosters in general.

The only real constant is the Jones family, and to really blame it on them you'd have to bring in some sort of mythological voodoo into the picture.

Its one of the bizarre outliers in sports.
I think the one thing we can now safely rule out is the Jimmy Johnson Ring of Honor Snub Curse.

Unless….the curse is effective at the start of each season, in which case….

See you next year in the Superbowl!!!

Quincy Carter managed a 10-6 record and earned $4 million on a 4/5 year contract that was non-guaranteed.

Tony Romo went a little worse than 10-6, and averaged $5 million/year on various contracts, replete with signing bonuses.

Dak Prescott is doing around 10-6 and makes $20.25 million / year on various contracts, replete with signing bonuses.

What does this mean, other than Dallas can't get a SB-caliber quarterback? It means that its general manager makes terrible business decisions. Prescott will get a big contract, probably his last, because the Cowboys are a stupid, stupid team.

Dallas keeping Jerra MM and Dak?

Fran Healy Yolo GIF by Travis

Quincy Carter managed a 10-6 record and earned $4 million on a 4/5 year contract that was non-guaranteed.

Tony Romo went a little worse than 10-6, and averaged $5 million/year on various contracts, replete with signing bonuses.

Dak Prescott is doing around 10-6 and makes $20.25 million / year on various contracts, replete with signing bonuses.

What does this mean, other than Dallas can't get a SB-caliber quarterback? It means that its general manager makes terrible business decisions. Prescott will get a big contract, probably his last, because the Cowboys are a stupid, stupid team.

This is a very silly comparison you're trying to make and your facts are very wrong/skewed.

First off, since the Quincy years, the QB position went from being important to being by far the most important position in the game and salaries across the board for that position have skyrocketed. Comparing Quincy's contract to Dak's is just dumb.

Not sure where you're getting your Romo contract info, but here's his final 2 contracts:
1705612737719.png
For his final 2 contracts, Romo was about 12th in the league in QB salary per year. You could probably argue that he was underpaid for his value to the team.

The situation with Dak is a little different. He hasn't won anything in the playoffs yet, but he's also an all-pro which should put him comfortably in the top 10 earners in the position and probably in the top 5...and that's exactly where he is.

You're right that he will get a big contract. He's an all-pro and that's the going rate for an all-pro player at the most important position on the field. You're also right that the GM is bad and make's terrible decisions, but paying their QB isn't one of those bad decisions.