Congrats, UM fans.

Yeah, good for them.

Probably their last real shot at a natty for a couple years at least. They have a lot of really good and experienced players on that team

With the expansion next year things will change. Whether it’s for the best or worst will have to be seen but we have known this format for almost a decade. I can’t recall a better pairing of games than what we saw last night. Looking forward to the championship game.

With the expansion next year things will change. Whether it’s for the best or worst will have to be seen but we have known this format for almost a decade. I can’t recall a better pairing of games than what we saw last night. Looking forward to the championship game.
It's going to suck. If for nothing more than the idea of having to watch, and players having to play, back to back to back massive games like this in multiple weeks after the season. I can't imaging the toll it's going to take on teams do actually run the gauntlet of this moving forward. A team that starts in the first round will now have to play FOUR back to back games like this to win a national title.

It's going to suck. If for nothing more than the idea of having to watch, and players having to play, back to back to back massive games like this in multiple weeks after the season. I can't imaging the toll it's going to take on teams do actually run the gauntlet of this moving forward. A team that starts in the first round will now have to play FOUR back to back games like this to win a national title.
I fail to see a downside here? They are getting paid and I can’t get enough college football. We all win!

Yeah, good for them.

Probably their last real shot at a natty for a couple years at least. They have a lot of really good and experienced players on that team

There will be regression next year, but I still think they can claw their way back into a 12-team playoff next year. I don't expect to win the conference for the fourth year in a row, but they also don't need to.

Offense will be a bit tougher to replace with McCarthy likely gone along with Corum/Edwards, but I like the skill players especially at WR. They're going to have to replace a decent chunk of that OL though. Defense will have to replace some stars, but they'll still return a lot of experience at the DLSchedule will be much tougher, but most of their top opponents will also be replacing their QBs (save for Texas?) and they at least have Texas/USC/Oregon at home. Winning in the Shoe is never easy, but OSU has a lot of question marks particularly on offense. No Penn State/Iowa/Wisky in 2024 is kinda nice. MSU is at home.

There will be regression next year, but I still think they can claw their way back into a 12-team playoff next year. I don't expect to win the conference for the fourth year in a row, but they also don't need to.

Offense will be a bit tougher to replace with McCarthy likely gone along with Corum/Edwards, but I like the skill players especially at WR. They're going to have to replace a decent chunk of that OL though. Defense will have to replace some stars, but they'll still return a lot of experience at the DLSchedule will be much tougher, but most of their top opponents will also be replacing their QBs (save for Texas?) and they at least have Texas/USC/Oregon at home. Winning in the Shoe is never easy, but OSU has a lot of question marks particularly on offense. No Penn State/Iowa/Wisky in 2024 is kinda nice. MSU is at home.
Next years schedule is brutal

Winning a National Championship is not suppose to be easy. At least no one will be left out that is worthy. If you don't make the top 12 you have no reason to bitch.

Winning a National Championship is not suppose to be easy. At least no one will be left out that is worthy. If you don't make the top 12 you have no reason to bitch.
Yet whoever is #13 will bitch and ESPN will be right there to support the bitching. Then said school’s favorite politician shilling for cheap votes will bitch.

I just think adding 20% more games to the end of a season, against the best competition in CFB, isn't going to be as good as some thing it is.

Next years schedule is brutal

the saving grace is that Michigan has 8 home games versus 4 away, and two of those are at Illinois and Indiana. The other two are Washington and OSU. Not trying to say it's an easy schedule, because it certainly won't be. But I do feel like there's a few things that help us out at least.

I just think adding 20% more games to the end of a season, against the best competition in CFB, isn't going to be as good as some thing it is.
20% if you are lucky and good. There won't be many players sitting out these bowl games or going into the portal early.

Come on now, you know for sure 13 to 20 will be up in arms about the rankings and who beat who in September and weak schedules culminating in state legislatures proposing bills. You know it's coming...same old whining...it's tradition now

So good teams will actually have to play good teams multiple times in a row?

GIF by Justin

The only real downside is that they need to adjust the regular season schedules to limit the number of total games played. Can't be having the CFB season go 16-17 games for some teams. Just too much added injury risk.

Well
So good teams will actually have to play good teams multiple times in a row?

GIF by Justin

The only real downside is that they need to adjust the regular season schedules to limit the number of total games played. Can't be having the CFB season go 16-17 games for some teams. Just too much added injury risk.
Well that's my point. The increased the regular season to 12 games + conference championship games. So 13 games for winners, (unless you're in the top 4 it will actually be a benefit to NOT win a conference championship in a 12 team format because you won't have to play in that game). And now you're looking at FOUR more games after the 13 game regular season. That's a shit ton of games. Teams who play fewer (the top 4 or those outside of the conference championship games) will be at a distinct advantage .

Come on now, you know for sure 13 to 20 will be up in arms about the rankings and who beat who in September and weak schedules culminating in state legislatures proposing bills. You know it's coming...same old whining...it's tradition now
You are correct … but I don’t care. If Michigan is #13 … too bad. Win or shut the Fuck Up. That is what pissed me off about Florida State - they should have been in.

Well

Well that's my point. The increased the regular season to 12 games + conference championship games. So 13 games for winners, (unless you're in the top 4 it will actually be a benefit to NOT win a conference championship in a 12 team format because you won't have to play in that game). And now you're looking at FOUR more games after the 13 game regular season. That's a shit ton of games. Teams who play fewer (the top 4 or those outside of the conference championship games) will be at a distinct advantage .

They're going to have to pull the regular season down to 10 games IMO. Big time OOC matchups could go away, but who gives a damn (aside from Notre Dame) when every team is in the B1G or SEC.

Total games played needs to have a cap on it. Maybe CCGs go away.