Corn 🌽

The outside rows being smaller is mostly due to the sun hitting the base of the plant more. Drying out the soil.

I always water the outside row more in the garden. All the same height.
I have enough other growth from weeds along my bank to help shade my edges but what you're saying makes complete sense.

I think with growing on the bank of the river has also helped with keeping the soil moist.

You talking about corn shut? If so, it is edible supposedly, and used in Mexican cooking.
“Mexican truffles”

Never had it. And I’m a big fan of fungi.

Looks nasty af.

You reminded me of this....Fungi < Fugazi

Ever listen to Marillion?

Straight edge means that you don't take mushrooms anyway :noidea: :laugh:

I don’t eat cucumbers.

But did a shit ton of pickles last week. Tomatoes have taken forever. Had fried greens last night for dinner.

What do you do for pole beans? I just have rows of green beans. The woodchucks seem to like em even more than I do. Don’t know where they’re even coming from now. The body count is getting ridiculous.

Nothing special. I get stringless pole bean seeds, plant them in a circle per instructions. Then I make a teepee out of alder saplings 8-10feet high, lashed at the top.

The bean plants climb the poles and once they start producing I pick each day because if you stop picking they stop producing.

I do have to put up a stucco wire fence of sorts because the deer lover to snack on the plants.

how much room you need for a couple of corn stalks? I always wanted to but not much room.
Block plant instead of rows, and you only need maybe 40 sq ft.

I would recommend block planting them anyway, unless you have a field of the shit. The key to good, full corn is pollination. Block planting aids in this, but any small crop should prolly be hand-pollinated too.

Reactions: Fog
Block plant instead of rows, and you only need maybe 40 sq ft.

I would recommend block planting them anyway, unless you have a field of the shit. The key to good, full corn is pollination. Block planting aids in this, but any small crop should prolly be hand-pollinated too.
I'd like to hard pollinate your small crop