Covers, more renown

I agree that Daniels does an awesome job with it.

Interestingly, he didn't write that one, just the first to record it.
I knew Charlie didn’t write that one, that would have been a little out of character for his song writing. Charlie is a very underrated musician IMO though

I knew Charlie didn’t write that one, that would have been a little out of character for his song writing. Charlie is a very underrated musician IMO though
I imagine that to real country fans, Devil Went Down To Georgia is Daniels' Stairway To Heaven, but I've fucking LOVED that song since I saw him perform it on The Muppet Show when I was a kid.

I imagine that to real country fans, Devil Went Down To Georgia is Daniels' Stairway To Heaven, but I've fucking LOVED that song since I saw him perform it on The Muppet Show when I was a kid.
It’s a great song. Took me forever to get it right on the fiddle.

“Trudy” is my favorite CD song though

DAC didn't write it. Dean Dillon and Linda Hargrove did. He just recorded/released it first.
Didn’t know that, always just assumed he did since he wrote so many songs I guess.
FTR, I didn't know who wrote it, I just didn't think DAC had because I know that I'd looked up the song before and I felt I would have remembered if DAC had written it.

David Allan Coe was born in my hometown, Akron, OH. Him and Lee Brown James.

I wasn't aware that he originally recorded this one. Thought it was George Jones, but DAC beat him by two years.

I think Stapleton's version is head and shoulders better than the others.
Stapleton’s is a different song. It’s ‘I’d Rather Go Blind.’ And just had the lyrics of Tennessee Whiskey.

Definitely #1 but The South is Gonna Do It Again and Caballo Diablo rank right up there.
Long Haired Country Boy, In America, Legend of Wooley Swamp, and Uneasy Rider are better than those two. Simple Man is the only time CDB rivaled their Devil Went Down to Georgia IMO.

Long Haired Country Boy, In America, Legend of Wooley Swamp, and Uneasy Rider are better than those two. Simple Man is the only time CDB rivaled their Devil Went Down to Georgia IMO.
"Elvin Bishop sittin on a bale of hay
ain't good lookin, but he sure can play"
vs
"Kicked ol green teeth right in the knee"

Neil Degrasse Tyson Mic Drop GIF

Stapleton’s is a different song. It’s ‘I’d Rather Go Blind.’ And just had the lyrics of Tennessee Whiskey.
Interasting.

Very similar chord progression, so I'm not sure you can say "it's that song." No question that stylistically, the music has a lot more in common with Etta James' song than DAC's or Jones'.

I'd never heard that tune though. Thanks.

Interasting.

Very similar chord progression, so I'm not sure you can say "it's that song." No question that stylistically, the music has a lot more in common with Etta James' song than DAC's or Jones'.

I'd never heard that tune though. Thanks.
Listen again. It’s more than *basically the same song. It’s the same song

Not sure this really fits the tone of the OP as the cover isn't more known than the original but Disturbed's cover of Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel was amazing IMO. Linked both versions.

Aretha Franklin - R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

probably the most renowned cover of all time tbh

One of my favorite covers ... you would have to be a fan of country and 60's and 70's rock to like both.

Cause Hoyt Atkins wrote this one and knocked a hole in it.