Covid Made Me Fat

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Opposite for me.

I'm down 15 pounds since this time last year.

lmao

fat people

Schadenfreude Lol GIF by MOODMAN

The data is pretty interesting. An average of 26 lbs of undesired weight loss is also something too. Wonder how the economy ties into either of these figures. Did the “losers” lose their jobs while the gainers kept working?

golfed with a dude last week who said he put on 50 lbs because of COVID.

30 yr old kid.

for fuck's sake, man. Go exercise.

Sue China then.

golfed with a dude last week who said he put on 50 lbs because of COVID.

30 yr old kid.

for fuck's sake, man. Go exercise.

that round of golf you had with him was probably his first "exercise" since March of last year. 50 lbs in one year is a lotta sittin' on the ol' duff and eating a lot.

Reactions: Me
that round of golf you had with him was probably his first "exercise" since March of last year. 50 lbs in one year is a lotta sittin' on the ol' duff and eating a lot.
I blame video games

The data is pretty interesting. An average of 26 lbs of undesired weight loss is also something too. Wonder how the economy ties into either of these figures. Did the “losers” lose their jobs while the gainers kept working?
That might be statistically significant.

Though I know a few who lost weight working from home. Without the bustle of getting to an office and being there 9 hours they found it easier to watch what they eat and use travel time to exercise. I can only imagine this is more pronounced for workers that travel regularly for their job. So that’s a counter example.

I can only presume that people on assistance for losing their jobs are using that assistance to feed with garbage.....because that’s the way the system is set up to get more food for less money. But that’s just a presumption of a counter example.

That might be statistically significant.

Though I know a few who lost weight working from home. Without the bustle of getting to an office and being there 9 hours they found it easier to watch what they eat and use travel time to exercise. I can only imagine this is more pronounced for workers that travel regularly for their job. So that’s a counter example.

I can only presume that people on assistance for losing their jobs are using that assistance to feed with garbage.....because that’s the way the system is set up to get more food for less money. But that’s just a presumption of a counter example.

I can certainly get the gainers. Our office is massive, so I'm getting a lot more steps and using the gym on all my breaks. Compared to walking down two levels in my house and just hanging out all day. I of course supplemented by buying a home gym to not fall into either of these categories.

The thing with the losers is that the data says unwanted loss. So, I don't equate that with substituting McDonalds with home cooked meals and being more "health conscious" as that would be intentional. I'm thinking that's more along the line of lack of food resources? You'd think if that was a thing, the media would have focused hard on that though...

I can certainly get the gainers. Our office is massive, so I'm getting a lot more steps and using the gym on all my breaks. Compared to walking down two levels in my house and just hanging out all day. I of course supplemented by buying a home gym to not fall into either of these categories.

The thing with the losers is that the data says unwanted loss. So, I don't equate that with substituting McDonalds with home cooked meals and being more "health conscious" as that would be intentional. I'm thinking that's more along the line of lack of food resources? You'd think if that was a thing, the media would have focused hard on that though...
Good point on unwanted gain or loss. Though, I feel like there is a bit of subjectivity in “unwanted” from person to person, even though the term seems pretty cut and dried.

Of course the media isn’t going to talk about it. They will spew the bullshit they will spew. I can’t say it enough....just don’t give them ears or eyes.

Good point on unwanted gain or loss. Though, I feel like there is a bit of subjectivity in “unwanted” from person to person, even though the term seems pretty cut and dried.

Of course the media isn’t going to talk about it. They will spew the bullshit they will spew. I can’t say it enough....just don’t give them ears or eyes.
I'm confused as to what the media isn't willing to talk about here...

Good lord. Get off your asses, millennials.

I’ve lost around 30 pounds since the pandemic started, but was already losing weight before it started. I just maintained the trajectory I was on. I’ve basically flattened out at a stable weight for the past 9 months or so.

I'm confused as to what the media isn't willing to talk about here...
They want to bury the truth of what the American Psychological Associations Stress in America survey is hiding...