Covid Made Me Fat

Good lord. Get off your asses, millennials.

I’ve lost around 30 pounds since the pandemic started, but was already losing weight before it started. I just maintained the trajectory I was on. I’ve basically flattened out at a stable weight for the past 9 months or so.
Eh, the Gen Z numbers should be more concerning. Millennials have things like family and kids they could be choosing to spend more time with. Gen Zers should be out and active (and have higher metabolisms).

Reactions: Me
They want to bury the truth of what the American Psychological Associations Stress in America survey is hiding...
googling "weight gain during COVID" gets me plenty of results.

I don't know what exactly they are looking for...

Eh, the Gen Z numbers should be more concerning. Millennials have things like family and kids they could be choosing to spend more time with. Gen Zers should be out and active (and have higher metabolisms).
are you saying this because you are a Milennial?

True. Millennials are reaching the point in their (our) lives where weight gain is probably much more common (entering managerial positions, having kids, etc) in normal times.

I'm thinking the unwanted weight loss likely was people locked in their homes and terrified to do what they needed to in order get the food they needed.

True. Millennials are reaching the point in their (our) lives where weight gain is probably much more common (entering managerial positions, having kids, etc) in normal times.
Bingo.

I'd imagine most people in that age group are likely gaining the most weight they would be normally.

There's no fucking reason to gain almost 30 lbs as an 18-25 year old that you don't "want" to gain.

Reactions: Me
people, regardless of their generation, have gained weight during all this.

I am sure there are plenty who have found it as an opportunity to get in shape.

when a routine is disrupted like everyone's has been over the last year it is normal for your body to change as well.

it comes down to the individual and how they handle it and that's all, IMO

Bingo.

I'd imagine most people in that age group are likely gaining the most weight they would be normally.

There's no fucking reason to gain almost 30 lbs as an 18-25 year old that you don't "want" to gain.
it isn't about "wanting" to gain it...it's more about doing something about it and knowing how.

it's not so black and white as "you gained 30 lbs? you must have wanted to gain that much, huh?"

I'm thinking the unwanted weight loss likely was people locked in their homes and terrified to do what they needed to in order get the food they needed.
It was the massive amount of alcohol sales, combined with doordash and baking bread/desserts every other day.

It was the massive amount of alcohol sales, combined with doordash and baking bread/desserts every other day.
That created unwanted weight loss? Maybe I should try it!

During the pandemic, it was hard to find (expensive, too) gym equipment. Apparently, all that was put to great use.

During the pandemic, it was hard to find (expensive, too) gym equipment. Apparently, all that was put to great use.
Ended up having to make trips to Sioux Falls and St. Cloud to get most of my free weight equipment. The 12ish hours of driving was worth it.

with gyms closing during all of it, people lost that resource and some likely didn't have space in their house/apartment to build their own gym.

some could likely adjust and run or do body weight stuff...but again, some just don't know how

with gyms closing during all of it, people lost that resource and some likely didn't have space in their house/apartment to build their own gym.

some could likely adjust and run or do body weight stuff...but again, some just don't know how
If you were going to the gym before, and didn't know how to do a push-up, you were gyming wrong

If you were going to the gym before, and didn't know how to do a push-up, you were gyming wrong
not necessarily how to do a pushup, but how to transition your entire workout into something that doesn't use weights.

also, I agree...that's on the individual to make the effort.

but if the issue is eating healthy and not knowing how to do that on your own, that's another issue altogether.

not necessarily how to do a pushup, but how to transition your entire workout into something that doesn't use weights.

also, I agree...that's on the individual to make the effort.

but if the issue is eating healthy and not knowing how to do that on your own, that's another issue altogether.
Not knowing isn't an excuse. You can figure out an in-home routine in 10 minutes with Google.

The only real exercise "resource" I lost from covid was being able to play hockey. The guys were still having skates throughout, but I wasn't going to be a fucking muppet tard and get covid from doing something unnecessary.

Not knowing isn't an excuse. You can figure out an in-home routine in 10 minutes with Google.
I agree. It's a poor excuse.

but what about the people who don't normally gym but have kept in shape?

not everyone is a gym rat.