Daily Trivia

People aren't really around here on the weekends, I'll post a hint tomorrow?

That was Brad Hand of course.

Who is the only man to have won a World Series game as a manager and as a pitcher?

Not the same game, no one has done that.

He managed three different teams but played for just one and never managed that team. I don't know if he was sour about that, the sourness probably came naturally to him.

He managed three different teams but played for just one and never managed that team. I don't know if he was sour about that, the sourness probably came naturally to him.
If it’s Bob Lemon, I’m gonna feel stupid for it not being my first guess.

If it’s Bob Lemon, I’m gonna feel stupid for it not being my first guess.

It is indeed Bob Lemon.

Young Bob won two big games in the World Series for Cleveland's last championship team and Old Bob deftly managed the 1978 Yankees to victory between Billy Martin stints.

It is indeed Bob Lemon.

Young Bob won two big games in the World Series for Cleveland's last championship team and Old Bob deftly managed the 1978 Yankees to victory between Billy Martin stints.
Should have been my first thought. I watched that Bois Athletes Named Bob series like 3 weeks ago, and was already familiar with the “Spahn, Sain or Pray for Rain” Braves WS loss to the Indians and knew he was a manager for one of the Yankees back to back wins in the 70’s. He just flat out slipped my mind

I guess I was just trying to think of non HOF pitchers that managed a WS losing team

I don’t have a question ready, so this is gonna be lazy and in line with my last question.

There’s been two players to play for every team in the current AL East. One is Steve Pearce. Name the other one. Rays we’re founded in 1998, so it’s obviously a modern player

Should have been my first thought. I watched that Bois Athletes Named Bob series like 3 weeks ago, and was already familiar with the “Spahn, Sain or Pray for Rain” Braves WS loss to the Indians and knew he was a manager for one of the Yankees back to back wins in the 70’s. He just flat out slipped my mind

I guess I was just trying to think of non HOF pitchers that managed a WS losing team

I have a fun question that relates to the Spahn and Sain Braves but it's not a good question for something like this because it's not one that you can get by educated guessing.

I have a fun question that relates to the Spahn and Sain Braves but it's not a good question for something like this because it's not one that you can get by educated guessing.
We can make it an unofficial question

I don’t have a question ready, so this is gonna be lazy and in line with my last question.

There’s been two players to play for every team in the current AL East. One is Steve Pearce. Name the other one. Rays we’re founded in 1998, so it’s obviously a modern player
Kelly Johnson

Roger Maris is one of 3 Hall of Fame eligible players with back to back MVPs who is not a member. Barry Bonds of course is another one. Who is the third?

Since 1980, the Cleveland Indians have made some serious errors trading away pitchers mid-season. The two worse trades involved 2 that went a combined 27-3 the rest of the season. Name the two pitchers and the teams they were traded to.

Last edited: