Daily Trivia

Rick Sutcliffe was traded to the Cubs in 1984 and won the Cy Young Award going 16-1 the rest of the way.

The second one is probably Sabathia going to the Brewers based on who is asking the question :wink:

If I am correct about Sabathia I will post a question tomorrow morning.

Rick Sutcliffe was traded to the Cubs in 1984 and won the Cy Young Award going 16-1 the rest of the way.

The second one is probably Sabathia going to the Brewers based on who is asking the question :wink:

I remember the Sutcliffe trade well........Still cant believe we lost to the damn Padres......

1941 is remembered as a magical year for hitters. Who led the major leagues in hits that season?

1941 is remembered as a magical year for hitters. Who led the major leagues in hits that season?

john travolta hair GIF

I just seen somewheres where they compared Dimaggios 56 game hitting streak to the year Ted Williams was having.......
I cant remember what year that was,but Williams also had a phenomal year also.....He actually did better than Joe's year he had.....
But 1941 seems to early for the year they had,bùuuut:

So Im going Teddy Ballgame.

And if not him,I got one more guess if Im wrong.......

I just seen somewheres where they compared Dimaggios 56 game hitting streak to the year Ted Williams was having.......
I cant remember what year that was,but Williams also had a phenomal year also.....He actually did better than Joe's year he had.....
But 1941 seems to early for the year they had,bùuuut:

So Im going Teddy Ballgame.

And if not him,I got one more guess if Im wrong.......

You are remembering the year correctly. It is not Ted Williams.

This player was player-manager, won the MVP and the World Series all in one season. My vote for greatest season ever.

Cecil Travis

Cecil was on a Hall of Fame path before fighting in the war (and he actually fought right in the shit, he didn't play baseball on a base) but was never the same player afterwards and has now been almost completely forgotten it seems.

This player was player-manager, won the MVP and the World Series all in one season. My vote for greatest season ever.

I will let someone else answer unless a really good follow-up question pops into my head.