Dak is done

It was only a matter of time before Kaep was interjected here. And so sloppy and bluntly too. Wow. That was some word stew.

Most are not mourning Daks injury due to his skin color. That moronic. Most are observing this from the business end. Guy gambled on his future and might have lost his best pay out. Sure, he got $30M+ this year. He’s not going to be hurting. But he might not max his earning potential with this injury.

We are a weird society that bashes these guys for how much they get paid, and then mourn (mostly feigned) when they miss out on the jackpot. It’s no different that watching a movie like Goodfellas and cheering on their exploits only to cluck derisively when they get caught.

And none of that has anything to do with Kaepernick.
Well if you actually comprehended my post you are spot on with people aren’t mourning Dak because of skin color just like I said. People feel bad because he actually was good and developed from he was perceived in college. It sucks when hard work doesn’t pay off.

Well if you actually comprehended my post you are spot on with people aren’t mourning Dak because of skin color just like I said. People feel bad because he actually was good and developed from he was perceived in college. It sucks when hard work doesn’t pay off.
No, you are right. That was completely my bad. I read “isn’t” as “is”.

I will take my shots for this.

He is antithetical to Kaep as he proved he could play. He wasn’t a polarizing up and down talent.

All of that said....we will have to agree to disagree if you assert that Kaeps skin color is the reason people were sympathetic to him....even past his own thick skulled handling of his future playing chances.

Most people were sympathetic that he stood up for beliefs and saw everything after that as him being persecuted. That’s not entirely accurate, it’s also not entirely wrong. Regardless of the fact of how he chose to demonstrate his beliefs (I always thought taking on the national anthem was not going to be a winning strategy)

But because that approach galled so many others they took the tact of disavowing him of his beliefs. Neither approach was smart.

Had he simply took the chances that were there post 49ers he would have spent years as a back up who maybe got a chance to show his worth on the field and maybe did something good with it.

But chose to embrace the forces against him getting what he thought he was worth. Yes, some of that is legitimate, some over wrought, but that doesn’t matter. His clear play was to stick to his beliefs and rise above all of that.

Someone like Dak would have gone that route, I truly believe.

No you don’t dumbass. One plausible scenario is that he played his last game as cowboy, dum dum
This is how I see it. Assuming he recovers & passes his physical.

He will get a long term deal next year & it will be for more than they offered him this year.
One side will posture but his injury & the other side will posture Dak was about to have the greatest season a QB has ever had.
They will meet in the middle which will be more than his last offer. (contracts go up not down)
Only question I have is. Will it be 4 years or 5.
But he will be our opening day starter next year.

This is how I see it. Assuming he recovers & passes his physical.

He will get a long term deal next year & it will be for more than they offered him this year.
One side will posture but his injury & the other side will posture Dak was about to have the greatest season a QB has ever had.
They will meet in the middle which will be more than his last offer. (contracts go up not down)
Only question I have is. Will it be 4 years or 5.
But he will be our opening day starter next year.
Contracts go down next year, that's for sure.

Regardless of like or dislike of the Cowboys, hate to see this happen to this guy.

You don't see Dak throwing teammates or coaches under the bus, throwing temper tantrums on the field, getting arrested for beating up women or pulling guns on the elderly....

Dak seems like a good dude and hate to see him have this happen.

I'll admit my first response was "Jerry should do the right thing and put the $25M a year contract back on the table", but now I have changed my mind. Dak decided to gamble on himself instead of taking that deal this offseason. I think I heard it was 25-28M per year but Dak wanted 4 years not 5. Part of the downside of gambling on yourself is that shit happens. I think Dak can come back from this injury without much issue, but it will probably be 12 months before he is truly 100% and will he be able to flush from teh pocket still or will he get happy feet and fall down like Tom does?

If I'm Dallas I wait until things have settled a bit and offer Dak a 1 year $15-$20M deal so that he stays on the team with the team doctors, makes good money, and rehabs in camp and the 2021 season. At the end of next year we will all know if he is able to come back and if he is then he can get a big money deal. But if he is unwilling to take a one year deal or a smaller long term deal, then I absolutely would not tag him again unless it is a tag+trade arraignment. No way I spend $30M+ on one year of a QB who is going to be hurt and rehabbing for most of it.
After the surgery......they said he should be fine in 4-6 months.

It was only a matter of time before Kaep was interjected here. And so sloppy and bluntly too. Wow. That was some word stew.

Most are not mourning Daks injury due to his skin color. That moronic. Most are observing this from the business end. Guy gambled on his future and might have lost his best pay out. Sure, he got $30M+ this year. He’s not going to be hurting. But he might not max his earning potential with this injury.

We are a weird society that bashes these guys for how much they get paid, and then mourn (mostly feigned) when they miss out on the jackpot. It’s no different that watching a movie like Goodfellas and cheering on their exploits only to cluck derisively when they get caught.

And none of that has anything to do with Kaepernick.
You know, too bad for him about his injury, that sucks for him, and is sad, but fuck him, he's a Cowboy. Mourning his loss of earnings for him is like mourning John Wayne Gacy for losing his Nambla Sponsorship

No, you are right. That was completely my bad. I read “isn’t” as “is”.

I will take my shots for this.

He is antithetical to Kaep as he proved he could play. He wasn’t a polarizing up and down talent.

All of that said....we will have to agree to disagree if you assert that Kaeps skin color is the reason people were sympathetic to him....even past his own thick skulled handling of his future playing chances.

Most people were sympathetic that he stood up for beliefs and saw everything after that as him being persecuted. That’s not entirely accurate, it’s also not entirely wrong. Regardless of the fact of how he chose to demonstrate his beliefs (I always thought taking on the national anthem was not going to be a winning strategy)

But because that approach galled so many others they took the tact of disavowing him of his beliefs. Neither approach was smart.

Had he simply took the chances that were there post 49ers he would have spent years as a back up who maybe got a chance to show his worth on the field and maybe did something good with it.

But chose to embrace the forces against him getting what he thought he was worth. Yes, some of that is legitimate, some over wrought, but that doesn’t matter. His clear play was to stick to his beliefs and rise above all of that.

Someone like Dak would have gone that route, I truly believe.
Totally agree on Dak, completely disagree with Kaep. Dude not hooked up with black supremacist and lost 99% of his game. Had he done all his fake SJW stuff when in 2012 and 2013 sure. But the league caught up with him and he was benched. It is a fine time to stand for something when you have nothing to lose.

So my bad for putting Dak in the Kaep category because any team would be lucky to have Dak.

You know, too bad for him about his injury, that sucks for him, and is sad, but fuck him, he's a Cowboy. Mourning his loss of earnings for him is like mourning John Wayne Gacy for losing his Nambla Sponsorship
You think I like that Cowboys? Trust me I get that.

And the fact I’m tossing around words like tragic and mourning about a guy that made $30M+ this year is very silly. Point taken.

I'll admit my first response was "Jerry should do the right thing and put the $25M a year contract back on the table", but now I have changed my mind. Dak decided to gamble on himself instead of taking that deal this offseason. I think I heard it was 25-28M per year but Dak wanted 4 years not 5. Part of the downside of gambling on yourself is that shit happens. I think Dak can come back from this injury without much issue, but it will probably be 12 months before he is truly 100% and will he be able to flush from teh pocket still or will he get happy feet and fall down like Tom does?

If I'm Dallas I wait until things have settled a bit and offer Dak a 1 year $15-$20M deal so that he stays on the team with the team doctors, makes good money, and rehabs in camp and the 2021 season. At the end of next year we will all know if he is able to come back and if he is then he can get a big money deal. But if he is unwilling to take a one year deal or a smaller long term deal, then I absolutely would not tag him again unless it is a tag+trade arraignment. No way I spend $30M+ on one year of a QB who is going to be hurt and rehabbing for most of it.
I think he's going to be looking for a longer contract and he'll have offers from other teams. Dallas will need to franchise tag him or offer allot more.

After the surgery......they said he should be fine in 4-6 months.
That's medically fine, not "be in shape and 16 NFL games" ready. He will need time to get adjusted and confident back behind the line. He will be back, but it's not like game 1 next season he will be back without missing a beat. It will take him at least 6-8 games to get fully confident and up to game speed. A QB can't just take 6 months laid up without getting a little rusty.

Well if nothing else this will show us if Dak is a product of this offense or not. If a spare like Dalton can come in and the offense keeps humming then that might answer a lot of questions about if Dak is great or just a game manager.