Dak Prescott agrees to extension with Cowboys

Dallas will win a SB at some point, and I think it will be with Dak. The only question in my mind is if he will win more Lombardis than AAron. Considering his age, I think there is a good chance.

:pop2:

Okay

Still LOL at the Cowboys

I don't care. I never said the defence was great, but draft there. And the D line was where it should be at the end last year. The linebackers were poor.

But the offence would have been very good with Wilson. It will be with Dak as well, but they've gone and overpaid for him too.
Problem is if you trade Dak and some picks, that #10 in 2021 and whatever 1st Dallas has in 2022 at a minimum is included in that trade, so your chances of fixing the D drops tremendously.

Problem is if you trade Dak and some picks, that #10 in 2021 and whatever 1st Dallas has in 2022 at a minimum is included in that trade, so your chances of fixing the D drops tremendously.

Agreed. But maybe it didn't need a whole lot aside from the linebackers remembering how to play. They went from the Next Big Thing to duds quickly.

Either way, my thinking about Wilson as a Cowboy was mostly pre-Dak signing. And I still think they gave Dak too much.

That’s a lot of money for him. Seems like an overpay especially with him coming off the injury he had.

It's the going rate of a QB1 in the NFL these days. Basically the same contract Watson got with the Texans adjusted for inflation.

Is Dak as good as Watson? Eh, maybe not, but the Cowboys choices were either pay Dak and secure someone who is probably a top10 QB for multiple years or try their luck with FA or the draft. In a year or so, Dak's contract won't even be top 5 in the league for QBs.

Agreed. But maybe it didn't need a whole lot aside from the linebackers remembering how to play. They went from the Next Big Thing to duds quickly.

Either way, my thinking about Wilson as a Cowboy was mostly pre-Dak signing. And I still think they gave Dak too much.

I think they were pretty bad on every level of the defense, you kinda have to be bad everywhere to put up the numbers they did on defense. Need better pass rush, LBs were poor, and their secondary was equally terrible. Some of that I suppose could be chalked up to injuries and a new system, but it's not close to good enough.

I think they were pretty bad on every level of the defense, you kinda have to be bad everywhere to put up the numbers they did on defense. Need better pass rush, LBs were poor, and their secondary was equally terrible. Some of that I suppose could be chalked up to injuries and a new system, but it's not close to good enough.

And like I said, when Randy Gregory returned they seemed to get the D line sorted out and were generating pressure. Smith and Lawrence started playing better too.

But Ramsey and Vander Esche's play level dropped so significantly it was too much to offset. Maybe they get their shit together this year?

Not a SB winning lineup maybe on it's own, but I think the offence can score with anybody so maybe they outscore more than they get outscored by.

And like I said, when Randy Gregory returned they seemed to get the D line sorted out and were generating pressure. Smith and Lawrence started playing better too.

But Ramsey and Vander Esche's play level dropped so significantly it was too much to offset. Maybe they get their shit together this year?

Not a SB winning lineup maybe on it's own, but I think the offence can score with anybody so maybe they outscore more than they get outscored by.

Having QB1 locked up is the most important piece. They can find help on defense. Frankly, they will have to try really hard to be as bad as last season, so I wouldn't shocked if we saw dramatic improvement even if there are just small changes to personnel on that side of the ball.

Having QB1 locked up is the most important piece. They can find help on defense. Frankly, they will have to try really hard to be as bad as last season, so I wouldn't shocked if we saw dramatic improvement even if there are just small changes to personnel on that side of the ball.

Just wish they'd signed Dak 2 years ago. He is a very ritzy expenditure at this point. Ritzy, not necessarily risky.

Just wish they'd signed Dak 2 years ago. He is a very ritzy expenditure at this point. Ritzy, not necessarily risky.

No doubt. Ownership/Management really dropped the ball on that one.

On the bright side, $40M a year for a QB won't be seen as overly expensive in a few years.

No doubt. Ownership/Management really dropped the ball on that one.

On the bright side, $40M a year for a QB won't be seen as overly expensive in a few years.

It will always seem expensive to me.

That's a lot of money for a barely above average QB who just had his leg shattered.

That's a lot of money for a barely above average QB who just had his leg shattered.

Interesting take. What QBs would you want on your team for the next 4 seasons that you rate ahead of Dak? I rate him pretty easily as a top 10 QB.

Interesting take. What QBs would you want on your team for the next 4 seasons that you rate ahead of Dak? I rate him pretty easily as a top 10 QB.

For four year - Most of these guys. And I wouldn't pay most of these guys that kind of money.

1615316724873.png

For four year - Most of these guys. And I wouldn't pay most of these guys that kind of money.

View attachment 23234

On that list, I'd take Rodgers, Watson, Mahomes, Allen, and Wilson above Dak for 4 years. And it's not certain Rodgers will be around for the full 4. That's it. The rest are either unproven, too old, or Dak is just flat out better than.

Ok, so drill down further and you'll see Mahomes makes more than Dak. Watsons contract is equal and both Rodgers and Wilson are nearly on par with Dak's 40M a year.

Only Josh Allen, who is still on his Rookie deal, is making significantly less than Dak's new contract. And that will change very soon. It's just the economics of the position.

LOL

They'll never make the super bowl.

I don't care. I never said the defence was great, but draft there. And the D line was where it should be at the end last year. The linebackers were poor.

But the offence would have been very good with Wilson. It will be with Dak as well, but they've gone and overpaid for him too.
With Wilson, say bye to Zeke and any good draft picks this year and probably next. Oh, and a new contract for him that is $40m a year.

It will always seem expensive to me.
$1M for a punter is expensive to me, but that's the rate for about half of them in the NFL. Gotta pay market value unless you can hit on a new QB every 3 years.