"Detrimental"

Other than the simple fact that HE WAS NOT A CAPTAIN.
He wasn't a captain is not the same as being told not to go on the field.

Bottom line, suspending him is more detrimental to the team than going out on the field. He made the mistake. Punish him, not the entire team.

He wasn't a captain is not the same as being told not to go on the field.

Bottom line, suspending him is more detrimental to the team than going out on the field. He made the mistake. Punish him, not the entire team.
Uh, yes it fucking is.

Here’s thing: As an employer, I know which of my employees are dumbasses. I know which ones communicate poorly. If I choose one of those to represent me in an important meeting, that’s on me.
That's just it. HE WASN'T CHOSEN.

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

I can split hairs better than Trump's lawyers.
Well, enjoy your "winning argument" this weekend when Jefferson is lighting yer guys up.:biggrin:

Are you actually saying not playing Alexander is a detriment to the team?:evil:
Of course. But so is letting him do whatever the fuck he wants.

And as I said earlier, the way he's responded in interviews since?...I might sit his dumb ass the rest the year.
The mistake isn’t why he’s being benched. The front office didn’t like his attitude when they confronted him about it, so he’s benched for a game.

The mistake isn’t why he’s being benched. The front office didn’t like his attitude when they confronted him about it, so he’s benched for a game.
I don't blame 'em one bit. As stated earlier, his interviews since have been rife with arrogance and a fuck you attitude.

And again, this WAS NOT a mistake. He has clearly stated that he bucked authority and went out there anyway, because that was his hometown, and he felt he should've been chosen as Captain because of such.

A mistake is an INT. A mistake is a fumble. It is not going out to center field for the coin toss when you know damned well you are not a captain that week. That is the exact opposite of a mistake.

I get that y'all would prefer him to play. I would too. But there has to be some semblance of order and rules.

I don't blame 'em one bit. As stated earlier, his interviews since have been rife with arrogance and a fuck you attitude.

And again, this WAS NOT a mistake. He has clearly stated that he bucked authority and went out there anyway, because that was his hometown, and he felt he should've been chosen as Captain because of such.

A mistake is an INT. A mistake is a fumble. It is not going out to center field for the coin toss when you know damned well you are not a captain that week. That is the exact opposite of a mistake.
The whole thing was still fixable, if he just says he was wrong, lost his head, and is contrite. The coaches look at him disapprovingly and state why it can't happen again. Maybe he apologizes to the rest of the team, I dunno. The idea behind being a captain, even in the NFL, isn't so that you understand what to do in a coin flip situation, it's so that you can make leadership decisions in key moments. The "defense! uhh 'defer', I guess so" isn't the problem, it's the "fuck it, it doesn't matter" attitude that becomes a problem later for the team.

The whole thing was still fixable, if he just says he was wrong, lost his head, and is contrite. The coaches look at him disapprovingly and state why it can't happen again. Maybe he apologizes to the rest of the team, I dunno. The idea behind being a captain, even in the NFL, isn't so that you understand what to do in a coin flip situation, it's so that you can make leadership decisions in key moments. The "defense! uhh 'defer', I guess so" isn't the problem, it's the "fuck it, it doesn't matter" attitude that becomes a problem later for the team.
I agree completely, and have stated as such throughout this thread.