DIY Home/auto Repairs/maintenance

Replaced the torsion springs on one of my garage doors this morning. I get a thrill from tensioning a spring that has a potential of causing serious injury.

Been there done that... 1/2 rebar works good as leverage bars to get that tension!!!

So while lubing all the door’s moving parts after a perfect spring replacement, I think I exceeded the opener’s duty cycle and exploded the start capacitor. Should have a replacement Saturday....scared the shit out of the wife 😁

Replaced the torsion springs on one of my garage doors this morning. I get a thrill from tensioning a spring that has a potential of causing serious injury.
Damn! I've never tried that, worth paying others when dealing with those death traps.

Totally untrue. I can write a check like a boss. At this very moment, someone is in my yard fixing my sprinklers. When they’re done, I’ll write them a check.
Sprinklers for me are next week. Pool tiles the week after. Last week was new A/C ducts.

I can do a lot, but find myself doing less every year. After 4 years of fighting my sprinklers gonna pay to have the electrical short found correctly.

Sprinklers for me are next week. Pool tiles the week after. Last week was new A/C ducts.

I can do a lot, but find myself doing less every year. After 4 years of fighting my sprinklers gonna pay to have the electrical short found correctly.
I think my main issue with the sprinklers is the power outage during the freeze fucked up my controller and it doesn’t recognize all of my stations. I tried playing with it a bit and quickly came to the conclusion that I was out of my depth and called the man.

I think my main issue with the sprinklers is the power outage during the freeze fucked up my controller and it doesn’t recognize all of my stations. I tried playing with it a bit and quickly came to the conclusion that I was out of my depth and called the man.
haha, that's always a bad but good feeling...calling the pro. I have two breaks I know for sure, and roughly where they are. I can get continuity through the ground, so I know they are broken. It is where they go through the flower bed. Rather than digging everything up, just let the guy with the good meter work. My cheap one from amazon didn't help enough.

I have a good neighbor a couple of houses down and across the street.
His health is getting bad, and I fixed his garage door today. The guy has lived there so long, I thought it was the original garage door, but he said it was a replacement he put in,,,,,,,, 50 years ago.

So the springs were loose and needed some adjustment. Not the wicked, wound tight springs over the door, but rather the springs on a small cable near the top rails.

Got it all adjusted in about an hour and a half. Would have been an hour, but I had 'help' from another neighbor.
lol

People must have some projects this Summer.

No, that's the problem. He doesn't like having too draw a hose from where it is located now. The house sits on a full concrete block foundation so tapping a cold water line down there will be easy. Hammer drill through the foundation. Pex & shark bites are my friend, although I can sweat copper if necessary. Gonna be a 1/2 day job for free to my buddy.

I am NOT a plumber tho. Just an old homebuilder with a dad that was a homebuilder. I did all sort of jobs with our sub-contractors back in the day. Please don't tell my plumbing friends. LOL