Do we have a moral obligation to future generations?

"leave it better than you found it"

Works on hiking trails, campgrounds, off-road trails...and the earth.

I think in answer to OP's question:

Yes, if you have morals.

If you have no morals, why would you have any moral obligations?

Its basically my belief system. Break bad cycles, try to be better, not just for yourself, but for the entirety. Try to create good cycles, that will carry on further than you do, and not care if your name is attached to it. No one owes you praise for doing good.

Some will say that there is no "good or bad", or , "right or wrong", but that's bullshit to me.

The answer to this question is the crux of our collective existence.

Some point to the fact that we're basically a virus clinging to life on a dust particle in an immeasurable expanse and nothing REALLY matters. Nihilism.

Some think we're divine creations and this realm is simply a test. As long as you endeavor to do the supernatural being's will (as stated in the handbook), none of this matters as there are two and only two places outside of this realm that some form of ourselves will inhabit after we depart. Creationism.

Some think we have a manifest destiny to explore and control the cosmos. Purpose-driven existence.

I personally believe that nothing really matters. Sure, there are things that prompt our bodies to produce chemicals...but to what importance should an organism's response to stimulus matter outside of that organism's own scope of sentience? Hugging and kissing my wife starts a chemical/hormone response within myself but that doesn't mean a fucking thing to you, the rock under our feet or the clouds in our sky. Relative.

I don’t like kids. Don’t care about future generations. Don’t care about the vast majority of humanity today. I hope the end of time comes when I kick the bucket

A moral obligation to all humanity, including future generations, is a higher morality than one that doesn't extend outside your family, clan or nation.