EA Sports College Football 25

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 6,000.00
Release has been narrowed down to summer of 24 to now July 12 as the target date.

Are you gonna get it?
Who are you gonna play as?
Are you gonna leave the conference alignments as they are or put them back to a prior line up? PAC 12? OK TX in Big XII? kick or keep Houston Cinci UCF and BYU?
Move the teams in some other way?
Worry about Arch not opting in so instead TX has a QB named March Anning?

Release has been narrowed down to summer of 24 to now July 12 as the target date.

Are you gonna get it?
Are you gonna leave the conference alignments as they are or put them back to a prior line up? PAC 12? OK TX in Big XII? kick or keep Houston Cinci UCF and BYU?
that's when it usually drops, 1 month prior to Madden

That’d be a nice touch if there’s different broadcast teams. I’m skeptical though. I don’t know if it was like this in the later years, but I remember if you were a shitty team most the games would have no commentary but you could hear the stadium announcer, implying the game wasn’t televised. I always got a kick out of that.

That’d be a nice touch if there’s different broadcast teams. I’m skeptical though. I don’t know if it was like this in the later years, but I remember if you were a shitty team most the games would have no commentary but you could hear the stadium announcer, implying the game wasn’t televised. I always got a kick out of that.

• The game will run on the same engine as the Madden franchise but with tweaks.

This part is terrible news, Madden has been ass for a long time.

For some reason I was thinking there were announcers back in the Super Nintendo days. But that may have only been on the highlights but it damn sure was the first time game scores scrolled across the bottom during the game you were playing.

For some reason I was thinking there were announcers back in the Super Nintendo days. But that may have only been on the highlights but it damn sure was the first time game scores scrolled across the bottom during the game you were playing.
I don’t think it was ever on Super Nintendo. The early Maddens were, and from what I recall had very limited commentary, but I think NCAA started on PC/Playstation before the Xbox generation of consoles.

The tweaks give hope. I don’t know that NCAA hasn’t always been the madden engine with tweaks…

I don’t think it was ever on Super Nintendo. The early Maddens were, and from what I recall had very limited commentary, but I think NCAA started on PC/Playstation before the Xbox generation of consoles.
Yeah, I jumped topics mid sentence and was talking about Madden on SNES.

EA Sports had college games on SNES/Sega but it was called Bill Walsh College Football and then College Football USA. NCAA Football 98 was the first "NCAA Football" game, indeed on PC and PS1

I remember playing the earlier ones when I was a little kid, they didn't have the schools licensed lol so no logos and for the most part they called the school they city they were in, Ohio State was just Columbus and Notre Dame was South Bend etc.

Last edited:
I'm protesting until they put the Kibbie Dome back in the game.

May even light myself on fire in front of EA's corporate headquarters.

EA Sports had college games on SNES/Sega but it was called Bill Walsh College Football and then College Football USA. NCAA Football 98 was the first "NCAA Football" game, indeed on PC and PS1

I remember playing the earlier ones when I was a little kid, they didn't have the schools licensed lol so no logos and for the most part they called the school they city they were in, Ohio State was just Columbus and Notre Dame was South Bend etc.
I remember the sega version. You could take your helmet off without getting flagged.

Also even though they didn’t have NIL or licensing rights you could tell who the players were because their corresponding player numbers were skilled.

Wait and see, but probably not.

Given the way game production works these days, I'm expecting this first edition to be buggy as hell, filled with bullshit microtransactions, and completely devoid of many features that the games had 10, 15 years ago.

I'll most likely just wait until they get the kinks worked out and add more features after the fan revolt and get the 26 edition.

yes.. i used to buy them all the time.. then i stopped after madden '15.. then i bit the bullet after some friends had just gotten a PS5 and wanted to do an online league.. so I bought the one with Mahomes on the cover.. i only played it maybe..3 times.. they set up the online league but no one ever started playing lol..

The worst thing that happened to NFL games was EA buying the exclusive rights.. the ESPN NFL game was MUCH better than the Madden game the year prior to the exclusive contract.. such a shame

Are you gonna get it?
No, fuck EA sports
No one, I'll be playing an FPS
If I did play it, no conferences. Season long win or go home, Thunderdome style. Sucks for the crap teams that have a 1 game season. Get gud.
See above
Who cares, he holds a clipboard

yes.. i used to buy them all the time.. then i stopped after madden '15.. then i bit the bullet after some friends had just gotten a PS5 and wanted to do an online league.. so I bought the one with Mahomes on the cover.. i only played it maybe..3 times.. they set up the online league but no one ever started playing lol..

The worst thing that happened to NFL games was EA buying the exclusive rights.. the ESPN NFL game was MUCH better than the Madden game the year prior to the exclusive contract.. such a shame

Yep when there’s zero competition there’s zero incentive to go out of their way to actually put out a great game. It’s basically the same crappy product every year but updated rosters! Lol

Yep when there’s zero competition there’s zero incentive to go out of their way to actually put out a great game. It’s basically the same crappy product every year but updated rosters! Lol
That's why EA sucks and people who buy their crap suck. Instead of selling a new game they could just sell a DLC each season, charge half as much and make 2x more. Every other year or every third year when the graphics engines actually improve you can release a new game.

That's why EA sucks and people who buy their crap suck. Instead of selling a new game they could just sell a DLC each season, charge half as much and make 2x more. Every other year or every third year when the graphics engines actually improve you can release a new game.
they can't do that because of the deal it has with the NFLPA, IIRC.