EPL 2021/2022

Leeds survive.

3-2 mc and 3-1 liverpool is much more digestible than 2-0 villa and a 1-1 draw would have been.

3-2 mc and 3-1 liverpool is much more digestible than 2-0 villa and a 1-1 draw would have been.
Still Villa that is a choke with all the goal in just over 5 minutes. I guess doesn't care in meaningless game.

Watched the City highlights. Mostly great plays by De Bruyne but terrible marking by Villa defense. Second goal, goalie misread that. Goalies like Neuer, Allison, Oblack would have saved that. Sucks. Last chance for a Pep catastrophy with the Haaland signing. Sign so many players like that even Pep can't blow it.

Last edited:
West Ham idiots, could have relegated Man U to Conference League making Ten Hag job harder. Already hard, but this would have really hindered them.

One player I thought who looked pretty decent was Kulusevki as a Winter Transfer in January. Only 10 million to get him, but the little things count when 2 points separate you from 4th and 5th place. Arsenal signed no one.

Kulusevski and Bentancur were both fantastic signings for us. They both slotted right in to the starting 11 and were major improvements from day 1. Christian Romero was also tremendous, really by leaps and bounds the best defender for us this season despite missing time due to a few injuries.

If Paratici can find 3-4 more guys like that this summer, we are in business.

Kulusevski and Bentancur were both fantastic signings for us. They both slotted right in to the starting 11 and were major improvements from day 1. Christian Romero was also tremendous, really by leaps and bounds the best defender for us this season despite missing time due to a few injuries.

If Paratici can find 3-4 more guys like that this summer, we are in business.
They have to find more for Conte. He was interviewed after Norwich game and did not commit to Spurs long term. Mbappe signing with PSG has thrown a wrench into things too. Mbappe given the keys to PSG and I see Conte on the list of coaches there with Leonardo and Poch going to be sacked. Not sure would like PSG with a player having a say in personnel and still a knucklehead like Neymar there too. Most likely PSG hires Sporting coach, but we'll see.

Rooting for Forest.
Same. For a few reasons, 1) history, Forest is one of the great teams and two time European champion, they should be top flight, and I loved Cloughie. 2) Kind of my second team, use to love going to Nottingham.

They have to find more for Conte. He was interviewed after Norwich game and did not commit to Spurs long term. Mbappe signing with PSG has thrown a wrench into things too. Mbappe given the keys to PSG and I see Conte on the list of coaches there with Leonardo and Poch going to be sacked. Not sure would like PSG with a player having a say in personnel and still a knucklehead like Neymar there too. Most likely PSG hires Sporting coach, but we'll see.

ENIC (Spurs' majority owner) just announced it was adding 150M pounds in capital investment for the summer. So we can roughly estimate that whatever Spurs summer transfer budget was going to be, it is that much bigger now. Conte will be backed like no other Spurs manager has been in a long time.

On the PSG front, no way Conte wants to go there. Easy titles, sure. Also, unlimited funds. But he would have to work with all the just garbage entitled personalities on that team in addition to the pretty toxic ownership. Plus, Conte likes a challenge, I don't see him ever coaching in the french league.

Same. For a few reasons, 1) history, Forest is one of the great teams and two time European champion, they should be top flight, and I loved Cloughie. 2) Kind of my second team, use to love going to Nottingham.
History reason for me also.

ENIC (Spurs' majority owner) just announced it was adding 150M pounds in capital investment for the summer. So we can roughly estimate that whatever Spurs summer transfer budget was going to be, it is that much bigger now. Conte will be backed like no other Spurs manager has been in a long time.

On the PSG front, no way Conte wants to go there. Easy titles, sure. Also, unlimited funds. But he would have to work with all the just garbage entitled personalities on that team in addition to the pretty toxic ownership. Plus, Conte likes a challenge, I don't see him ever coaching in the french league.
Just saw that 150 mil on ESPN and was checking here to see your reaction here. Levy needs to let Conte of input here with where that money goes.

Just saw that 150 mil on ESPN and was checking here to see your reaction here. Levy needs to let Conte of input here with where that money goes.

First time ENIC has done this in a long time. Most every recent window has been marked by a 1in-1out transfer policy for Spurs, which severely handicaps any ability to bring in talent in a reliable way.

Also, EPL will be moving to a 5-substitute rule next season, which will place further emphasis on the need for quality depth within squads. Could well see Spurs spend a net 200M or more in the summer.

Not sure any level of investment will bring them to City+Haaland levels, but if they bring in 4-5 high quality players in needed areas, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Can only see Conte going back to Italy, since his family is still there, though not sure where. Pioli just won the league with Milan, he has issues with Inter owners, plus they are good with Inzaghi, Allegri is still at Juve, Napoli maybe, or Roma if they are tired of Mourinho already. Or back to the National team, but not sure he'd do better than Mancini.

Doubt he'd go to Germany, Spain is out, Real Madrid, Barca, and Atleti are set.

Can only see Conte going back to Italy, since his family is still there, though not sure where. Pioli just won the league with Milan, he has issues with Inter owners, plus they are good with Inzaghi, Allegri is still at Juve, Napoli maybe, or Roma if they are tired of Mourinho already. Or back to the National team, but not sure he'd do better than Mancini.

Doubt he'd go to Germany, Spain is out, Real Madrid, Barca, and Atleti are set.

That's what I'm thinking too. As funny as it sounds to say, Spurs might be the best job situation Conte can hope for right now...assuming he gets the financial backing most people think he's going to get.

- World class training grounds and stadium
- Club with rich history, large loyal fan base (both domestically and globally), and situated in London
- A pair of world class strikers
- Ownership group apparently willing to meet his demands** (remains to be proven)
- Competing in the richest and strongest league in the world

Checks all the boxes. Still absolutely HILARIOUS that ManU fucked this one up.

That's what I'm thinking too. As funny as it sounds to say, Spurs might be the best job situation Conte can hope for right now...assuming he gets the financial backing most people think he's going to get.

- World class training grounds and stadium
- Club with rich history, large loyal fan base (both domestically and globally), and situated in London
- A pair of world class strikers
- Ownership group apparently willing to meet his demands** (remains to be proven)
- Competing in the richest and strongest league in the world

Checks all the boxes. Still absolutely HILARIOUS that ManU fucked this one up.
I'm glad they did though. As much as I may hate Spurs (being a close rival), I hate ManU more, love seeing them fuck everything up.

He will leave at some point though, The longest he's been anywhere is Juve (3 seasons), everywhere else has be 2 seasons or less.

I'm glad they did though. As much as I may hate Spurs (being a close rival), I hate ManU more, love seeing them fuck everything up.

He will leave at some point though, The longest he's been anywhere is Juve (3 seasons), everywhere else has be 2 seasons or less.

Yeah, i have no illusions of Conte staying long term. It's just not what he does.

However, when he does leave, he leaves his former squads much stronger than when he arrived. I'd imagine Graham Potter will be on several big clubs' short list in the coming years.