EPL 2022/2023

So the Liverpool tie mean Newcastle has qualified for UCL? I think so with that 7+ goal differential on Liverpool.

I think the top 6 teams going to Europe is settled now. Liverpool and Brighton can do no worse than Europa after today. Aston Villa can't catch Brighton on goal differential with 1 game left and Brighton 2 games. Over for Villa other than Euro Conference League. Down to Man U and Liverpool (barely) for Top 4.

ESPN saying Newcastle hasnt clinced but for all purposes it seems so:

If any clubs finish with the same number of points, their position in the Premier League table is determined by goal difference, then the number of goals scored, then the team who collected the most points in the head-to-head matches, then who scored most away goals in the head-to-head.

ESPN saying Newcastle hasnt clinced but for all purposes it seems so:

If any clubs finish with the same number of points, their position in the Premier League table is determined by goal difference, then the number of goals scored, then the team who collected the most points in the head-to-head matches, then who scored most away goals in the head-to-head.
3-5 still up for grabs technically, but both Newcastle and ManU would need to lose their next 2 for LFC to jump em. And for NUFC, they would have to lose heavily. Don't see it happening.

Personally, ill be happy to get this season over with and never think about it again

Banished to Peacock.

I would smile heavy if those yo yo’s at Goodison Park go down

Leicester huge fall from grace. Sad. COVID wrecked owner's business model and the ran of money to keep this team up. Be awhile before they are back.

Luton Town from 5th tier to EPL in 9 years. What a story. I was reading their stadium only holds 10k but work already being done for EPL next season.

I was wrong about Leiceister. They resolved their finances in February and should be back up next season.

Leeds: no more Americans ..... please.

Luton Town from 5th tier to EPL in 9 years. What a story. I was reading their stadium only holds 10k but work already being done for EPL next season.
That's an awesome story, and Mpanzu has played with them at every level. He said "I've completed football!"

Leicester huge fall from grace. Sad. COVID wrecked owner's business model and the ran of money to keep this team up. Be awhile before they are back.
Even with the owner's financial struggles, that team should not have been relegated. Total failure by the players and manager. Probably some bad luck too. There's 4 clubs who finished above Leicester that had worse goal differentials.

BTW, Spurs 63 goals allowed is only better than Bournemouth (15th) and Forest (16th) among teams staying up...

I was wrong about Leiceister. They resolved their finances in February and should be back up next season.

Leeds: no more Americans ..... please.
Ironically, i think Leeds may have stayed up if they just stuck with Marsh the whole season. Their biggest problem was that their entire model under Bielsa was high octane pressing and man marking across the pitch. It was effective because they scored a lot of goals and that helped balance out the terrible defending...until they sacked him. What they were left with was a squad that couldn't defend and the goals dried up because they were no longer forcing their opponents into mistakes. Shitty team, bad management, fully deserved to go down.

Worst from EPL per ESPN. Seems about right. WTF happened to Kai Havertz? Typical of recent German players. Flame outs many of them. I would have been appalled if Harry Maguire not on the list, but he is on Southgate's list still for upcoming Euros. You must really suck to be on the list if from Manchester City.

1685492509642.png

Worst from EPL per ESPN. Seems about right. WTF happened to Kai Havertz? Typical of recent German players. Flame outs many of them. I would have been appalled if Harry Maguire not on the list, but he is on Southgate's list still for upcoming Euros. You must really suck to be on the list if from Manchester City.

View attachment 101885

That's pretty shitty of ESPN, but it's ESPN so expected. If they're going to pick a Spurs defender, then it has to be Eric Dier.

Lenglet was actually relatively decent all season.
Richarlison's goal tally was horrid, but his playing time was also so low he doesn't deserve the mention here either. Put Sonny up on the list. He was a 5/10 every game until the final month.

That's pretty shitty of ESPN, but it's ESPN so expected. If they're going to pick a Spurs defender, then it has to be Eric Dier.

Lenglet was actually relatively decent all season.
Richarlison's goal tally was horrid, but his playing time was also so low he doesn't deserve the mention here either. Put Sonny up on the list. He was a 5/10 every game until the final month.
So what is your opinion of the new coach? Took the guy from Celtic. Spurs have already gone through “bigger” names, but big names not always good. Eddie Howe was not a big name. I see Lloris leaving but they will grab Pickford probably. Harry Kane situation needs to be solved. Right now this is a fragile team. What to do with Son and Richarlison too. These players other than Kane have no credibility. You are either with the new coach or you are gone or on the bench. They had their chance with the Conte’s, Nuno’s, Poch, etc.

So what is your opinion of the new coach? Took the guy from Celtic. Spurs have already gone through “bigger” names, but big names not always good. Eddie Howe was not a big name. I see Lloris leaving but they will grab Pickford probably. Harry Kane situation needs to be solved. Right now this is a fragile team. What to do with Son and Richarlison too. These players other than Kane have no credibility. You are either with the new coach or you are gone or on the bench. They had their chance with the Conte’s, Nuno’s, Poch, etc.

I like the hire. There will be some growing pains both for the club adjusting to a new coach/playing style and for a manager adjusting to a more sophisticated league.

The things i really like: he plays attacking football and tries to dominate games with possession and intense pressing. He also is apparently good with young players and an excellent communicator. So the fans should like him

The biggest fear in the summer will be whether Kane stays or goes. With Benzima out to the Saudi League now, Real Madrid may come calling for Kane. Might not be the worst thing actually, Kane no longer is a player who can high press much or run in behind defenders like Sonny and Richy can do.

Ins and Outs I will look for:
- Pickford or Raya to replace Lloris
- Maddison in as an attacking mid
- At least 1 upgrade in central defense
- Expect to see A LOT of players leaving. We have the max on loan plus a bloated roster. Might see as many as 10 leave permanently if they can successfully find buyers.

What really hurt them was the actual owner dying in a helicopter crash. Not just financially but morale wise to. He really loved the club and vice versa, and ran them the right way. They've been going steadily down since he died.

I like the hire. There will be some growing pains both for the club adjusting to a new coach/playing style and for a manager adjusting to a more sophisticated league.

The things i really like: he plays attacking football and tries to dominate games with possession and intense pressing. He also is apparently good with young players and an excellent communicator. So the fans should like him

The biggest fear in the summer will be whether Kane stays or goes. With Benzima out to the Saudi League now, Real Madrid may come calling for Kane. Might not be the worst thing actually, Kane no longer is a player who can high press much or run in behind defenders like Sonny and Richy can do.

Ins and Outs I will look for:
- Pickford or Raya to replace Lloris
- Maddison in as an attacking mid
- At least 1 upgrade in central defense
- Expect to see A LOT of players leaving. We have the max on loan plus a bloated roster. Might see as many as 10 leave permanently if they can successfully find buyers.
Sirius had the same ins as you. Besides Pickford, Maddison is definitely a target and a central defender too they had. Only problem with Maddison is if Kane, who does he pass if it is only Son or Richarlisson. I guess you could give Richarlisson more opportunities and see what happens.

Real Madrid is interested in Kane. Bayern no more as Bayern is rumored to be offering 100+ million to get Declan Rice and he is interested I heard.

Sirius had the same ins as you. Besides Pickford, Maddison is definitely a target and a central defender too they had. Only problem with Maddison is if Kane, who does he pass if it is only Son or Richarlisson. I guess you could give Richarlisson more opportunities and see what happens.

Real Madrid is interested in Kane. Bayern no more as Bayern is rumored to be offering 100+ million to get Declan Rice and he is interested I heard.
Apparently, the way big Ange likes to play, he prefers a front line with pace that can get in behind defenders. Sonny especially is good at that. Richarlison is decent, but has issues with offsides. My preference, obviously, would be to keep Kane. But if we are to sell, Madrid would be my preferred destination for him. Can use the proceeds to upgrade elsewhere.

I would personally want Raya as GK. Maddison or another creative mid is a must along with someone for left sided CB and the squad is in decent shape even without Kane. With Kane, it could be a really interesting club to watch.

View attachment 101885
How on Gods green earth did one of Fabinho or Henderson not make this list from LFC?

Apparently, the way big Ange likes to play, he prefers a front line with pace that can get in behind defenders. Sonny especially is good at that. Richarlison is decent, but has issues with offsides. My preference, obviously, would be to keep Kane. But if we are to sell, Madrid would be my preferred destination for him. Can use the proceeds to upgrade elsewhere.

I would personally want Raya as GK. Maddison or another creative mid is a must along with someone for left sided CB and the squad is in decent shape even without Kane. With Kane, it could be a really interesting club to watch.

GK and Maddison down. ✅
Now just need a defender (Tapsoba please) and the priority targets for the summer are done for Spurs.