Euro 2020 (err 2021 now)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Might as well get this thread started. Next big football event right around the corner.

Sergio Ramos left off Spain team lol.

Muller and Hummels called up for Germany.

No surprise, he’s been injured most of the season. With or without him, that Spain team looks shit.

After this tournament, will they go back to only one or two nations hosting it?

I have a bad feeling about these games being all over the map. Michael Platini was a thieving dooshbag idiot.

After this tournament, will they go back to only one or two nations hosting it?

I have a bad feeling about these games being all over the map. Michael Platini was a thieving dooshbag idiot.
While I do like one (or two) countries hosting, I can see the benefit of them doing it this way too.
1) It spreads it out so most people in Europe have a change to see a game since a lot can't travel (for various reasons)
2) It keeps hosting countries that aren't really equipped to host from having to spend massively, and usually go in debt to build new stadiums and infrastructure that in some places end up as white elephants.
I do believe this "spread out" format is a one off and it will go back to the usual one or two host countries in the future.

That being said, I think UEFA, and FIFA in general, really need to make sure a country can handle a major tournament like the Euros or World Cup, and won't go into massive debt etc just to host it. Let's ne honest, countries like the U.S., Germany, England etc could host any of these things tomorrow with very little effort and cost (comparatively speaking), but countries not so much, even a country like Brazil is still suffering from the 2014 WC with several stadiums (Manaus comes to mind) sitting unused or being used as bus parking lots (Brasilia), or to host birthday parties or wedding (Natal), and South Africa is the same or worse.

Germany has some of their big games at home. They are in the Group of death with France and Portugal. How did France, Portugal, Germany get in the same group?

P.S. Hansi Flick hired today as new coach of Germany.
UEFA shenanigans.

UEFA shenanigans.
Might be related to earlier Nations League. Germany sucked and France and Portugal were great. So Germany in as a lower rated team with Hungary. But does that explain Group C: Netherlands, Austria, Ukraine, and North Macedonia? What a group that is ...not!

Looking forward to this event.

PVR locked and loaded.

Starts the day after my anal probing...

Might be related to earlier Nations League. Germany sucked and France and Portugal were great. So Germany in as a lower rated team with Hungary. But does that explain Group C: Netherlands, Austria, Ukraine, and North Macedonia? What a group that is ...not!
UEFA and FIFA always seem to be that way in major tournaments, two groups that make you say WTF, one super hard, and one super easy.

tournament starts next friday.
Been watching the Under 21 Euros. Germany in final against Portugal. If I can find Germany, I watch...no matter who.

I see Arsene Wenger sees Germany crashing out of the Euros. I agree with him. They will lose to Portugal and France and be out in the Group stage. And that will be that for Low.

I have my popcorn ready.
Germany just won the Euros!!! Oh wait...under 21's. Still better than nothing. The guy who scored the winning goal Nmecha against Portugal today did the same thing for England a couple years ago in under 19's against .... you guessed it... Portugal lol.

The Euros are going to be my reward.

I get my pooper scoped on the 10th...

HOLY SHIT!

I think a player on Denmark just died.

They're trying to revive him it looks like but obviously the players are trying to shield what's going on. This looks REALLY bad

It's Christian Eriksen.

He just fell over. Totally collapsed out cold. This is horrific

Damn that’s scary

Thoughts and prayers to him