FAPPY Friday

Talking of baseball & travel specifically, cousin N1 called me. He wanted to know about the diamonds we played on. They haven't had a team or ball association since my brother was 10 or so and he's 25. Thought he was talking about having a little league team, but he was thinking more travel. He & I disagree on the worth of travel baseball. He's all about it and I think it's worthless, a money scheme, and the fastest way to ruin your future in the game.

Fuck Canadian traffic. Jesus.

I’m with Pete, I’m not doing shit this weekend. I cut the grass yesterday evening and once I get through with this workday I’m pouring a really strong whiskey drink or two.

I pretty much worked eight weekends in a row, taking care of things around my house. Painted all the windows and exterior doors check extended my dad redid all the handrails on my deck, restrained my screened in porch, stained my screened in porch and my deck plus every other little side job I have done at other peoples houses on the weekends.
Feel like all I have doing is running for weeks. Even when we went out of town for a couple days, it was a chore.

Sips Drink Mind Ya Business GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I know, crazy shit. But, because somehow we forgot how to hit the baseball. We didn’t get a position in the field, but we were the number one pinch runner so when the catcher got a hit and the catcher was a rather good hitter. My son put a lot of pressure on a pitcher and a catcher. Pretty fast for a white boy.

He actually is top 10 all-time in run scored his senior year playing from the Dugout for this high school

I'm envious.

Slink Jr's baseball is kicking my ass. Tournaments every weekend so far this summer. Gotta leave the house tomorrow at 6:30am.
I know you feel like you're in the weeds now, but things slow down faster than you think. It's nice when they do.

He's played well. He's not a star, but he's a solid player and he works hard.

His team started off shit, but has turned the corner recently.

I hate to complain about it, because I don't want to sound like I don't support him, it's just a massive time commitment that my whole family deals with. Every weekend.

I read both @Peter Gozintite 's and @BadMotoWeazal 's posts with envy. I wish I had some weekends to do nothing or work my ass off around the house.
Embrace the suck. It's crazy to say, but I miss lacrosse, football, gymnastics, dance, etc....

You don't appreciate in the moment like you should, because it's such an expense and work.

All that said, I think I will be making some vodka watermelon frozen cocktails, to float around the pool with, by myself because the wife is even working a 12 hour shift today. Is there a golf tourney on today? Checking might be more work than I am willing to do.

Back