Favorite Sandwich/the one you always order

In no order...

Philly
French dip
Rueben
Banh Mi
BLT

A tie between a good gyro and a good Philly.

A bad Philly sucks and a bad gyro really sucks.

Kissing French Kiss GIF by Capital Pride | Have Pride 365!
Fanning Vice Tv GIF by STICK TO SPORTS

roast pork with broccoli rabe

also a meatball sub with provolone and parmesan

Philly without a doubt.
Followed by an authentic Gyro.
Followed by Rueben.
I used to be with you there, but I've come to realize that a lot of places' Philly's suck. I come away disappointed more than pleased.

I think now, a French dip would be my answer. Maybe an Italian sausage sandwich, but you're probably only going to see those if the place makes them well.

Mushroom, steak and cheese with uncooked tomatoes and onions on top. Toasted in the oven if it is shaved steak.

Grilled ham and cheese on seeded rye

Chicken club

BLT w/extra bacon

French dip

Macados is a Virginia restaurant chain that has some good sandwiches that also allow you to build your own with two meats and cheeses. I typically get pastrami and corned beef on french bread with muenster and provolone, along with some honey mustard. A bag of mini pretzels with more money mustard for dipping and a pickle spear. For some reason that hits the spot and is my go to order there.

A local place to my wife's grandparents house in NJ has the best cheesesteak I've had. While the "name" restaurants in Philly have okay steaks, most of the local hole in the wall places destroy them.
holy shit, i haven't been to a macado's since i was a kid, forgot about that place

roast pork with broccoli rabe

also a meatball sub with provolone and parmesan

i remember watching a show on food network where they were talking about all the sandwich choices in philadelphia, and there's some place in philly where that specific sandwich is their specialty, and people from near and far come to get one. i've never had one, but i definitely want to try it.

i remember watching a show on food network where they were talking about all the sandwich choices in philadelphia, and there's some place in philly where that specific sandwich is their specialty, and people from near and far come to get one. i've never had one, but i definitely want to try it.
DiNics is really good for roast pork

Reactions: Me
holy shit, i haven't been to a macado's since i was a kid, forgot about that place

I've been going to Macado's in Roanoke since the mid-late 80's. Then of course the Blacksburg and Christiansburg locations in college at VT. Took my wife on our first date to the one in Blacksburg and it's been one of her favorite places to go ever since. On our way back from visiting her family in WV, we typically order take out from the Roanoke location to eat once we get home.

Loved their "fish bowl" beers, Pop's Sundaes in the same "fish bowls", and sandwiches.

Now, they're good for what they are, but aren't a true delicatessen.

I've been going to Macado's in Roanoke since the mid-late 80's. Then of course the Blacksburg and Christiansburg locations in college at VT. Took my wife on our first date to the one in Blacksburg and it's been one of her favorite places to go ever since. On our way back from visiting her family in WV, we typically order take out from the Roanoke location to eat once we get home.

Loved their "fish bowl" beers, Pop's Sundaes in the same "fish bowls", and sandwiches.

Now, they're good for what they are, but aren't a true delicatessen.

Yep, my Mom's side of the family hails from southern WV, specifically Beckley. They have a Macado's in the mall and anytime we were out shopping while visiting grandparents, we would stop there for lunch. haven't been to that mall in well over 20 yrs, so i dunno if it's even still there.

Yep, my Mom's side of the family hails from southern WV, specifically Beckley. They have a Macado's in the mall and anytime we were out shopping while visiting grandparents, we would stop there for lunch. haven't been to that mall in well over 20 yrs, so i dunno if it's even still there.

Looks like it just closed last year prior to COVID:

DiNics is really good for roast pork
Yeah, that's probably what he was talking about.

There's a sandwich shop in Columbus that makes a good one. I'm hoping they can survive. That spot is good for regular times... Not covid times, though.