• 15 yards, repeat down

• def. choice: 10 yd repeat or loss of down from previous

• Allow HOLDING, no penalty

• Other?: specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 25,000.00
Football at cfb and nfl levels has become less a sport and more just waiting on flags.
It’s to the point where after even the most spectacular of plays, the commentators make it a point of saying “And no flag…”

The penalty which most sours this sport is offensive holding. It happens on almost every play, it’s called capriciously, so the refs end up deciding games.
It happens egregiously and only gets called only sometimes, and it happens subtly, letting a ball carrier make a game changing conversion that shouldn’t have been. Heck, sometimes they call it for no apparent reason.

How to fix?

Football at cfb and nfl levels has become less a sport and more just waiting on flags.
It’s to the point where after even the most spectacular of plays, the commentators make it a point of saying “And no flag…”

The penalty which most sours this sport is offensive holding. It happens on almost every play, it’s called capriciously, so the refs end up deciding games.
It happens egregiously and only gets called only sometimes, and it happens subtly, letting a ball carrier make a game changing conversion that shouldn’t have been. Heck, sometimes they call it for no apparent reason.

How to fix?
1704908331112.jpeg

Also, refs only decide the game if you let them. Move on. I just watched UW get held all game AND get some comparatively questionable calls go against them at the worst time. But they were also straight up outplayed, I’d have to be some kind of little bitch to whine about the refs and holding rules all off season.

Looking at you Jexan.

It’s already a significant (10 yard) penalty. What are you bitching about? Be mad at the refs if they don’t call it.
Well, what it is has given us this capriciously enforced situation where the game stops, we are all waiting for ref’s decisions instead of players’ plays, and everyone is bitching. Thanks for adding nothing

Well, what it is has given us this capriciously enforced situation where the game stops, we are all waiting for ref’s decisions instead of players’ plays, and everyone is bitching. Thanks for adding nothing
We can’t all be on your level of creative genius with the mittens thing.

You goofy weirdo.

How about after every play, we have one of these - football style - to see if extra yards are given to the offense or defense...

Js1gTg.gif

How about after every play, we have one of these - football style - to see if extra yards are given to the offense or defense...

Js1gTg.gif
That’s what we have now. So, yeah, that’s why I’m bringing up the subject. Try to keep up

That’s what we have now. So, yeah, that’s why I’m bringing up the subject. Try to keep up
Nuh uh. This is blatantly-obviously-completely-random. What we have now is at-ref-discretion-:airquotes:completely-random:airquotes:. Try to keep up.

Make it like hockey... you go down a man for the next X number of plays if you're caught holding.

Make it like hockey... you go down a man for the next X number of plays if you're caught holding.

Ohhh does it have to be from the position the holding came from?