• 5 yards and a loss of down

• 10 yards and a loss of down

• Ball at previous spot, loss of down

• 15 yards, repeat down

• def. choice: 10 yd repeat or loss of down from previous

• Allow HOLDING, no penalty

• Other?: specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ohhh does it have to be from the position the holding came from?

That player leaves, but the team can decided how to proceed with 10 players. probably have to modify the players on the LOS rule in the case of fewer than 11 players.

Defensive holding is worse.
Yeah, I was about to bring that up... With the "mittens" concept, does every player except the QB have to wear them? Every position group on the field holds. If the concept is only locked to OL, then are the rules also altered to eliminate "tackle eligible" plays? Lots of questions to be answered and rule changes to be made to accommodate that silly concept.

Yeah, I was about to bring that up... With the "mittens" concept, does every player except the QB have to wear them? Every position group on the field holds. If the concept is only locked to OL, then are the rules also altered to eliminate "tackle eligible" plays? Lots of questions to be answered and rule changes to be made to accommodate that silly concept.
Yup. Get rid of that tackle eligible shit. A rule that needs an exception that gets confused by a ref famously now. Why? Just get rid of it. But that’s a tangential issue. #mittens

By “get rid of it”, I mean don’t let the tackle be eligible. The five linemen just can’t go out for a pass.
Don’t worry about numbers or reporting in… you just cannot a ball if you’re lined up at center or guard or tackle.
Before you ask, yes, other positions might be ineligible because of other factors too.
But all this is the subject for a different thread

JUST LET GHE FIVE LINEMEN HOLD might be an interesting option.

What is the penalty if a linemans mitten comes off in the middle of a play?
They have to leave the field for a play to get them put back on unless a defensive player ripped them off.

If you want everything called all the time, then put 11 refs on the field.

But nobody want that, right

The way to fix holding is to call it consistently.

If you want everything called all the time, then put 11 refs on the field.

But nobody want that, right
Right. Hence the different ways to “tackle” this problem are presented in this thread. Glad you’re keeping up.