Food Places you liked that went out of business

Those are all over and I just don’t get it. Their BBQ is trash. I don’t know why any Texan would ever go there when there are better options all over the place.
No I was asking if they were one and the same? There is one about 30 mins from me. Never eaten there and based on your recommendation doesn't appear I will anytime soon. We have lots of mom n pop places around here for that

No I was asking if they were one and the same? There is one about 30 mins from me. Never eaten there and based on your recommendation doesn't appear I will anytime soon. We have lots of mom n pop places around here for that
Ahhh. Loves was pretty decent. I think they were primarily Southern CA. Dickies is national. It’s not inedible, but if you have local BBQ options available, they’re almost certain to be better. I don’t understand how they even exist in Texas.

None of the McDonalds around my house are busy any more, ever.

They have priced themselves out of their own demographics.

Trying to be all things to all people does that I guess.
True the old $1.99 double cheeseburger became a McDouble with less cheese, and now I hear that same Sandwich costs like $4-5. Who can pay $25 for 2 shitty meals. Egg McMuffins are like what $5-6.

A few years back they sold albeit for a limited time a double meat (4 patty) Big Mac and that’s how I remember them from high school days. I won’t buy whatever that bunny thing is they sell now.

Ahhh. Loves was pretty decent. I think they were primarily Southern CA. Dickies is national. It’s not inedible, but if you have local BBQ options available, they’re almost certain to be better. I don’t understand how they even exist in Texas.

Probably the same reason Taco Bells exist in Southern California.

There is a place in our area called Hog Heaven. Family owned but they have 3-4 locations in the region. That is usually my go-to when I want some good BBQ.

@SlinkyRedfoot is banned from all locations like a pedo from a school zone

None of the McDonalds around my house are busy any more, ever.

They have priced themselves out of their own demographics.

Trying to be all things to all people does that I guess.
Wouldn't be surprised to see some McD's close some locations. I never went there with the expectation of having a good meal. It was fast and cheap. Now its no longer fast nor cheap.

FWIW Chipotle can die a slow and miserable death

I always liked Johnny Carino's. They still exist out there, but all of the branches anywhere near me closed down.

Has anyone said Kenny Roger's Roasters?

1698083713853.png

I miss that place and I can't believe someone hasn't tried to revive the concept.