Ford seems to be fed up with it's Dealerships

Seems like traditional dealerships are on their way out, with these internet companies gaining more market share

I know in Oklahoma, Manufacturers can't sell cars directly to the public, and must use a dealership.

This always seemed archaic to me.

What he should do is give each Dealership a Crash Course in HOW TO CLOSE A FUCKING DEAL.

I feed these so called 'salesmen' clowns so many clues to how to close me it's pitiful, and they never can do it.
It's like they are void of all sales techniques.

It's frustrating having to lead these people by the nose, down the 'path to buying' when I'm the one buying and trying to spend my money with these idiot fucks.

Always Be Closing Alec Baldwin GIF

This has been my feeling about it.
However, if I want to by a Maverick, driving one first isn't really an option.

That looks like a nice truck and Ford is my favorite US made truck. Are you saying nobody has a Maverick on the lot in OK? I can't see me buying a vehicle I haven't driven ... until I'm forced into. I never thought I would wear a seatbelt either.

I also believe I get better treatment from the service dept when I bought the vehicle off their lot. Especially after a few vehicles from the same dealer. jmho

The video gets into 'verified purchases' and how Dealers will order a vehicle for someone, then mysteriously that 'someone' backs out and the dealer is stuck with the vehicle......oh, at $10,000 over MSRP.

He basically said, that shit is coming to an end.

What he should do is give each Dealership a Crash Course in HOW TO CLOSE A FUCKING DEAL.

I feed these so called 'salesmen' clowns so many clues to how to close me it's pitiful, and they never can do it.
It's like they are void of all sales techniques.

It's frustrating having to lead these people by the nose, down the 'path to buying' when I'm the one buying and trying to spend my money with these idiot fucks.

Always Be Closing Alec Baldwin GIF
Yeah the whole disappearing to the back to talk to the manager stuff annoys me. Then having another "my boss" come out and butter me up can kiss my ass. When you are done with the test drive and go inside and they want to start collecting your info, just tell them at that time that you aren't going to spend all day here with them. When I bought my truck last year I just told the guy what I was willing to pay, don't talk to me about monthly payments, and if he even thinks about drawing a four quadrant diagram I'm walking out right then. When he got up to go "talk to the manager" I told him he had 2 minutes and at 2:01 I'm getting up and walking out. At 2 minutes I stood up and he immediately walked out of that back office, like he was testing me. I waved at him and walked to the front door. You gain a lot of leverage by inventing some fake timeline and then sticking with it.

Ended up getting the exact price I wanted and it only took one more trip to the back to talk to the manager and one visit from his "sales manager" trying to get me to finance through them. No. Here is my price, here are my terms, take it or leave it as there was another dealership with a Pro4x I was going to next if they weren't willing to deal. Once we agreed to the price I told the sales guy that a no finance, no extra warranty, find a way to make the numbers match this out the door price isn't that difficult and I wasn't going to wait more than 10 minutes for the finance person to call me back. 10 minutes later I was working on the paperwork.

Dealerships will drag shit out and make you invest so much time you feel dumb for walking away. Just set deadlines and stick to them. I promise you won't even make it off the lot before they are calling your phone if you do stand up and enforce a limit.

The video gets into 'verified purchases' and how Dealers will order a vehicle for someone, then mysteriously that 'someone' backs out and the dealer is stuck with the vehicle......oh, at $10,000 over MSRP.

He basically said, that shit is coming to an end.
That was why I didn't get a Bronco.

I know in Oklahoma, Manufacturers can't sell cars directly to the public, and must use a dealership.

This always seemed archaic to me.
Dealerships aren’t cheap. A startup auto manufacturer can’t go building dealerships when they’re just starting to build cars.

The Big 3 is behind every law like this, in every state. Could be why they’ve managed to still exist this long.

Yeah the whole disappearing to the back to talk to the manager stuff annoys me. Then having another "my boss" come out and butter me up can kiss my ass. When you are done with the test drive and go inside and they want to start collecting your info, just tell them at that time that you aren't going to spend all day here with them. When I bought my truck last year I just told the guy what I was willing to pay, don't talk to me about monthly payments, and if he even thinks about drawing a four quadrant diagram I'm walking out right then. When he got up to go "talk to the manager" I told him he had 2 minutes and at 2:01 I'm getting up and walking out. At 2 minutes I stood up and he immediately walked out of that back office, like he was testing me. I waved at him and walked to the front door. You gain a lot of leverage by inventing some fake timeline and then sticking with it.

Ended up getting the exact price I wanted and it only took one more trip to the back to talk to the manager and one visit from his "sales manager" trying to get me to finance through them. No. Here is my price, here are my terms, take it or leave it as there was another dealership with a Pro4x I was going to next if they weren't willing to deal. Once we agreed to the price I told the sales guy that a no finance, no extra warranty, find a way to make the numbers match this out the door price isn't that difficult and I wasn't going to wait more than 10 minutes for the finance person to call me back. 10 minutes later I was working on the paperwork.

Dealerships will drag shit out and make you invest so much time you feel dumb for walking away. Just set deadlines and stick to them. I promise you won't even make it off the lot before they are calling your phone if you do stand up and enforce a limit.
I have all day, so I approach it the exact opposite

I'll spend so much of their time that they can't stand it when I don't buy.

Oh, and always have a carmax-like dealership that will put a 7 day purchase price in writing do a writeup for you before you go to a real dealership. Then you know your price floor. Last two trade ins we have done that, and both of them tried to undervalue our trade in by A LOT. That gave me the power to tell them I just won't trade in and go sell to the other place. "No biggie, I don't mind. I'll just buy yours and then go sell mine". Magically they always then match the trade in, but by then I've set the purchase price.

The best I got out of a Dealer yesterday was an 'MSRP' price.

I have all day, so I approach it the exact opposite

I'll spend so much of their time that they can't stand it when I don't buy.
No need to waste your time in there though. They aren't going to lose a sale over a stall tactic.

The best I got out of a Dealer yesterday was an 'MSRP' price.
Make sure they have your cell number and walk out. Let it marinate a few days and they will call with a better price. Also, if you now know what you want just email their online sales department. Those guys I have found are more volume base compensated than sales price commission. Just shoot an email saying what you want, what you have to offer, and what price you want. Worth the 30 seconds it takes to write it even if they reject it. Then copy paste that email to all dealers in 100 miles...with all of them in CC so they can see each other.

Make sure they have your cell number and walk out. Let it marinate a few days and they will call with a better price. Also, if you now know what you want just email their online sales department. Those guys I have found are more volume base compensated than sales price commission. Just shoot an email saying what you want, what you have to offer, and what price you want. Worth the 30 seconds it takes to write it even if they reject it. Then copy paste that email to all dealers in 100 miles...with all of them in CC so they can see each other.
Been there
Done that