Ford seems to be fed up with it's Dealerships

The video gets into 'verified purchases' and how Dealers will order a vehicle for someone, then mysteriously that 'someone' backs out and the dealer is stuck with the vehicle......oh, at $10,000 over MSRP.

He basically said, that shit is coming to an end.

It said that Ford has a 75% threshold on this and is raising it to 80% immediately.

A 20%-25% failure rate ?????
I think I have identified the problem

Oh, and always have a carmax-like dealership that will put a 7 day purchase price in writing do a writeup for you before you go to a real dealership. Then you know your price floor. Last two trade ins we have done that, and both of them tried to undervalue our trade in by A LOT. That gave me the power to tell them I just won't trade in and go sell to the other place. "No biggie, I don't mind. I'll just buy yours and then go sell mine". Magically they always then match the trade in, but by then I've set the purchase price.

It's weird that when I go thru NADA or KBB independent of a dealer and look up the price; and it's always thousands less when I have my 'trade in value' determined by those same people when I do it 'thru the dealer'.

Yeah, fuck them.\

It's weird that when I go thru NADA or KBB independent of a dealer and look up the price; and it's always thousands less when I have my 'trade in value' determined by those same people when I do it 'thru the dealer'.

Yeah, fuck them.\
There is an aspect of demand for a vehicle in a place at a time, but the price a dealer offers for trade in is always laughable. They know they can flip that car to an auction for 20% more than they gave you for it. Not my car, guys.

There is an aspect of demand for a vehicle in a place at a time, but the price a dealer offers for trade in is always laughable. They know they can flip that car to an auction for 20% more than they gave you for it. Not my car, guys.
Yes
Whenever you get a price for your trade 'sight unseen' then you are absolutely getting fucked over and leaving thousands on the table.

I just found it funny that it so was blatantly obvious with these 'book values', with and without dealer participation.

I didn't need my 2018 Ram dually anymore, got an email from a dealer 50 miles away they'd give me $52,000 for it.
Drove all the way down there, they stalled, brought out a contract saying $45,000. I laughed, thanked them for wasting my fucking day by being complete liars, guy says "Oh let me get the manager and we'll straighten this out"
Manager is like I don't know what happened and offers me 46. I said I know what happened, y'all are liars and thieves, and I left.

Sold it to the VW dealer right here 5 miles away for $52,000 which was $1000 more than I paid for it new.

Then I got tired of only having one vehicle, so started shopping. Last year lots of dealers were putting a "market fee" on top of the price making it ridiculous.
Found a 2018 GMC Terrain with under 30,000 miles and under book local at the Dodge dealer and bought it. No dicker, no arguments, just went in and drove it and paid.

It's just a feeling, but I got the impression that they had all the orders they wanted for the August 2nd order date, because they just didn't bring any real energy to the discussion. Didn't take advantage of any 'bait' I gave them. No real action at all towards the deal; just what an 'order taker' would do.

I'm thinking that when next Tuesday comes and goes, they might have a little bit more enthusiasm for orders, especially when the Sales Manger tears them a new one because they don't have any more orders 'in the bank'.

I also got the feeling that they didn't really want to give me a brand new Maverick and give me 5 grand trade difference.

At least in Theory
I have all the time in the world and have Zero need in trading 2 cars.

I'll find out.

It's just a feeling, but I got the impression that they had all the orders they wanted for the August 2nd order date, because they just didn't bring any real energy to the discussion. Didn't take advantage of any 'bait' I gave them. No real action at all towards the deal; just what an 'order taker' would do.

I'm thinking that when next Tuesday comes and goes, they might have a little bit more enthusiasm for orders, especially when the Sales Manger tears them a new one because they don't have any more orders 'in the bank'.

I also got the feeling that they didn't really want to give me a brand new Maverick and give me 5 grand trade difference.

At least in Theory
I have all the time in the world and have Zero need in trading 2 cars.

I'll find out.
I'm thrilled they added the FX4 option to the maverick. When I no longer need a full size pickup that will be what I'll be looking for, lightly used 4x4 maverick. mini-truck off-roaders are the best and there aren't many new options out there.

Once upon a time I didn’t know dick about buying a car. Then I got into sales and had many sales trainings. Then, I realized most of them don’t know dick about selling a car.

It’s really a head shaking experience to know some of the winning strategies it takes to sell such a product and get the bullshit they pull because it works on most idiot customers.

It’s been said here but I go in and make it clear what it will take to sell me and just get up if any shit is pulled. Only problem is it’s to the point where I can walk out of every dealership around.

Hence…it is a smart tip to make sure they have your phone number. At least one of them always calls willing to talk more productively.

The last car dealership experience I had was during their chip shortages and they had maybe 10 cars on the lot. We went shopping for a car and it was like a ghost town. Eventually a salesman would come out and greet us and there was zero pressure to buy anything and that was because he already had sold 10 cars and they were basically all online because the dealership didn't have the car. People online shopped and bought the car that they weren't going to be getting for another few months.

We went to several dealerships during this time and they were all like this. They didnt pressure us into any deals because they didn't need to, they were making bank online.

I think the last 2 years has made Salesmen lazy.
In fact, I've run into way more 'order takers' than 'real salesmen' in my quest so far.

I don't even bother with going to a car lot. I already know what I'm looking for and what I should pay for it before I begin contact with a dealership. I go through their online sales to purchase it. I deal only through emails and refuse to answer any calls from them. (You have to give them a valid phone number but it doesn't mean you have to answer any calls from them)

I find the exact vehicle I want to purchase on websites for dealerships within a 500 mile radius and start inquiring about purchasing their vehicle. I cc that offer to the next dealership and ask if they can beat it...if so I take that offer and cc it to another dealership with the same vehicle and ask if they can beat that offer...

Do this at a few places and let them all start competing for your business by under bidding each other.

When you are satisfied with the best deal you can get then close on that one.

I'll spend so much of their time that they can't stand it when I don't buy.
I have to add that this only works when they have some sales skills.

I have always lived by the motto that 'Salesmen like to be sold'

I am completely opposite of what the video says is fact. I would much rather go to a dealer so I can test drive the car. There is no way I'm buying a vehicle without driving it first.
Yep. Methinks they are gonna rethink this when people start taking advantage of “7 day satisfaction guarantees” and shit after people get to actually drive the cars.

Make sure they have your cell number and walk out. Let it marinate a few days and they will call with a better price. Also, if you now know what you want just email their online sales department. Those guys I have found are more volume base compensated than sales price commission. Just shoot an email saying what you want, what you have to offer, and what price you want. Worth the 30 seconds it takes to write it even if they reject it. Then copy paste that email to all dealers in 100 miles...with all of them in CC so they can see each other.
I doubt that works now.

Most all dealers have ZERO new cars on their lots around here. Anything that hits the lot is sold in 48 hours.

Unless you’re talking buying used…

Vomit Eww GIF by The Bachelor Australia

And explains a lot when I walk into one

If I could buy any car online, I would do so in a heartbeat over a dealership - even if I had to order a car and wait for delivery. The only value a dealership has now is warranty work if that needs to be done, and being able to see the vehicles in person. But honestly, Tesla has the best model. Showrooms for seeing the car in person, and online orders with financing built in. Every interaction I've had with a car salesman in my lifetime has been a bad one. They're professional con artists.

I am completely opposite of what the video says is fact. I would much rather go to a dealer so I can test drive the car. There is no way I'm buying a vehicle without driving it first.
But you don't need a dealer for that. Ford could simply operate showrooms instead of dealerships, like Tesla does. Smaller facilities with basically no on the lot stock. You test drive the car, can see the models and then you can place an order online.

But you don't need a dealer for that. Ford could simply operate showrooms instead of dealerships, like Tesla does. Smaller facilities with basically no on the lot stock. You test drive the car, can see the models and then you can place an order online.
This model also allows companies to build cars people want to specification. They don’t need to guess in manufacturing and produce stock of a variety of models that people may or may not want. and then dealers don’t need to sit on that stock to try and offload it.

This model also allows companies to build cars people want to specification. They don’t need to guess in manufacturing and produce stock of a variety of models that people may or may not want. and then dealers don’t need to sit on that stock to try and offload it.
It all points to the fact that Dealerships are Dinosaurs now, and that model just isn't going to happen going forward.

I think the days of walking onto a lot with 300 cars/trucks, picking the one you want, and driving it home, are long gone.

I like the idea of ordering a vehicle the exact way I want it.
I've done that 3 times and have liked it, except for the wait.

It all points to the fact that Dealerships are Dinosaurs now, and that model just isn't going to happen going forward.

I think the days of walking onto a lot with 300 cars/trucks, picking the one you want, and driving it home, are long gone.

I like the idea of ordering a vehicle the exact way I want it.
I've done that 3 times and have liked it, except for the wait.
that's basically what they are now. None have inventory, and how many years until they do? They'll probably only have inventory on vehicles that no one wants. The vehicles in demand are backlogged months. You basically use the dealership to order them, why not just do it directly from the auto maker? And how many times do you walk onto a dealership and only get mostly what you want but not everything because they don't have the specific car, in the specific color, with the specific options? And not having to deal with a salesman is worth it to me. I'd almost not even do a test drive if I didn't have to deal with a salesman. Give me the price, show me the finance options with my down payment, the end. Paying cash? Great, swipe away.