Formula One

FP1 finished in Jeddah right.

Verstappen fastest so far.

Perez 2nd, Alonso 3rd.

The surprises so far, Gasly (Alpine) 4th, Ocon (Alpine) 5th, Albon (Williams) 6th.

Ferraris in 7th (Leclerc) and 10th (Sainz), Mercedes in 9th (Hamilton) and 11th (Russell).

I know it's just the first practice, but a good sign for Alpine and Williams. Not so much for Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren (17th and 18th).

FP2 starting.

FP1 finished in Jeddah right.

Verstappen fastest so far.

Perez 2nd, Alonso 3rd.

The surprises so far, Gasly (Alpine) 4th, Ocon (Alpine) 5th, Albon (Williams) 6th.

Ferraris in 7th (Leclerc) and 10th (Sainz), Mercedes in 9th (Hamilton) and 11th (Russell).

I know it's just the first practice, but a good sign for Alpine and Williams. Not so much for Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren (17th and 18th).

FP2 starting.
That first practice shouldn't mean much b/c it wasn't at night. Kinda like tomorrow's won't tell much. Right?

That first practice shouldn't mean much b/c it wasn't at night. Kinda like tomorrow's won't tell much. Right?
Yeah, can't put too much stock in any of the practices, they CAN be an indicator, but not necessarily. Most won't go all out, and they often use it to try things like which tires work better, wing/aero adjustments, make sure all their software, power units, etc are working and to get a feel for the track,

Yeah, can't put too much stock in any of the practices, they CAN be an indicator, but not necessarily. Most won't go all out, and they often use it to try things like which tires work better, wing/aero adjustments, make sure all their software, power units, etc are working and to get a feel for the track,
Qualifying is 1:00 our time tomorrow, right?

So I'm watching practice.........they mentioned Leclerc has a 10 place penalty on the starting grid but didn't mention why.

So I'm watching practice.........they mentioned Leclerc has a 10 place penalty on the starting grid but didn't mention why.
As teams are only permitted to use two control electronics components per season without penalty, Leclerc’s move to a third for race two in Jeddah ensures he will have at least a 10-place grid drop this Sunday – and potentially more if they replace any other parts – and increases the chances of him taking a further penalty later in the season.

As teams are only permitted to use two control electronics components per season without penalty, Leclerc’s move to a third for race two in Jeddah ensures he will have at least a 10-place grid drop this Sunday – and potentially more if they replace any other parts – and increases the chances of him taking a further penalty later in the season.
Wow! Are they just stupid?!

Wow! Are they just stupid?!
he had failures. Not sure much he could do much about it. Bad luck or bad design, but they arent doing it on purpose.
Later in the seasons teams will start taking extras & the penalties on purpose.

FTR, you can get Verstappen at nearly even odds this morning. He was -225 before the mechanical problem in qualifying. He was by far the fastest in practice and qualifying, and it’s rare you’re gonna get him at less that -200.

Red Bull obviously with the best cars. No surprise really. Verstappen was impressive, starting 15th finishing 2nd. If he hadn't had mechanical issues and had qualified on pole, he probably would've started lapping people.

The whole issue with Alonso's podium, then not podium, then podium again was ridiculous. Personally I smell Wolff behind that somehow.

Sucked that Albon had brake issues, the Williams has some pace. McLaren still sucks.

Never wanna hear F1 snobs say a word about NASCAR restarts again after that shit show in Australia. Fuckers only had 17 cars on the track and still had a demolition derby

Whats the deal with Aston Martin this year? Alonso carrying the team but still, they must have made massive improvements to the car.

Whats the deal with Aston Martin this year? Alonso carrying the team but still, they must have made massive improvements to the car.
I think it has a lot to do with Mercedes still being down, McLaren being god awful and Ferrari not being nearly as good as they were last season. Wouldn’t be shocked at all if Red Bull won every race this year

I think it has a lot to do with Mercedes still being down, McLaren being god awful and Ferrari not being nearly as good as they were last season. Wouldn’t be shocked at all if Red Bull won every race this year

Yeah RB is the unstoppable force. Still, 3 podiums and already more points than the team got all of last year for Aston Martin is a wild improvement.
I find myself pulling for Mercedes. If nothing else, just to put some pressure on Red Bull.

Yeah RB is the unstoppable force. Still, 3 podiums and already more points than the team got all of last year for Aston Martin is a wild improvement.
I find myself pulling for Mercedes. If nothing else, just to put some pressure on Red Bull.
Vettel was clearly over this hill and Alonso still has some race left in him, I mean they have improved, but replacing Vettel with Alonso is also an upgrade in the driver seat.

I pull for Verstappen because I bet on him every race. Was the same with Hamilton when he was too dog