Formula One

I think they may have to consider reconfiguring the track at Melbourne. There seems to always be a lot of issues with cars crashing into each other or having cars run off the track.

That restart demolition derby is IMO a result of that track, even Verstappen ran off the track once, but he was so far ahead and able to control it that it didn't effect his position really (say what you want about him but the kid can drive). Multiple drivers had the same issues either during practice, qualifying, or during the race.

Sucks about Albon crashing, he was doing brilliant the whole weekend and was in 6th at the time. Also sucks Russell had car issues, he was running great the whole weekend and was just slightly off of Verstappen in qualifying, and had an amazing start at the beginning of the race.

Vettel was clearly over this hill and Alonso still has some race left in him, I mean they have improved, but replacing Vettel with Alonso is also an upgrade in the driver seat.

I pull for Verstappen because I bet on him every race. Was the same with Hamilton when he was too dog
I think Vettel still had/has the ability, but not the heart or desire. He wanted to focus on his family etc, and I can't blame him, he's made a lot of money and won championships so nothing left to prove. Whereas Alsonso still seems like the 25 year old who just wants to race/win.

Sucks about Albon crashing, he was doing brilliant the whole weekend and was in 6th at the time.
Would have been very interesting to see where he could have finished. I keep hoping against hope that Seargant will start to perform better & contend for points.

I think Vettel still had/has the ability, but not the heart or desire. He wanted to focus on his family etc, and I can't blame him, he's made a lot of money and won championships so nothing left to prove. Whereas Alsonso still seems like the 25 year old who just wants to race/win.
100% agreed. Vettel was the top dog when I first started casually watching(as in I’d watch if I happened to flip over and see the race was on), but by the time I started actually having a genuine interest, he was barely even competitive.

That happens a lot in Motorsports with the heart and desire. I have no doubt Tony Stewart still had the ability while he was struggling his last few years, but the injuries and that tragedy took the heart out of him

Would have been very interesting to see where he could have finished. I keep hoping against hope that Seargant will start to perform better & contend for points.
I think he will, it just takes some time. Going from F2/F3 to F1 is a big jump.

Didn’t he put a guy into a wall then run him over the next lap?
The dude ran across the track, those sprint cars have to be gassed up to steer, and the dude was on the blind side of the car. Tony saw him at the last second, gassed it up to try and avoid him, but unfortunately his rear wheel struck the dude. Not like he ran the dude down.

Spend some time at dirt tracks.

The dude ran across the track, those sprint cars have to be gassed up to steer, and the dude was on the blind side of the car. Tony saw him at the last second, gassed it up to try and avoid him, but unfortunately his rear wheel struck the dude. Not like he ran the dude down.

This. They bumped on the previous lap and the guy crashed into the wall (it happens). He got out of his car and walked in the middle of the track, with multiple cars coming. He was waving his arms and looked like he was talking shit, and basically jumped in front of Stewart. Stewart swerved but still hit him with the rear tire.

Because of this kid's actions, it's why NASCAR instituted the rule at every level, of drivers staying in their cars until emergency crews arrive (unless it's on fire etc obviously).

This. They bumped on the previous lap and the guy crashed into the wall (it happens). He got out of his car and walked in the middle of the track, with multiple cars coming. He was waving his arms and looked like he was talking shit, and basically jumped in front of Stewart. Stewart swerved but still hit him with the rear tire.
It was a tragedy, young guy lost his temper and put himself in a dangerous situation.

Night race, black suit, blind side of the car, bad deal, but definitely not murder

Murdered him.

Because of this kid's actions, it's why NASCAR instituted the rule at every level, of drivers staying in their cars until emergency crews arrive (unless it's on fire etc obviously).
I understand that rule, but man, I miss the helmet throws.

Stewart swerved but still hit him with the rear tire.
Why was he driving so fast under a yellow flag? I don’t follow NASCAR so perhaps I just don’t understand the rules. Sounds dangerous.

Why was he driving so fast under a yellow flag? I don’t follow NASCAR so perhaps I just don’t understand the rules. Sounds dangerous.
See @Illustrious Potentate post earlier about steering, also you can watch the video on youtube. Stewart isn't going any faster than any of the other cars.

He wasn’t driving any faster than the other cars. You generally don’t expect someone to be running across the track at you. You have to gas those cars up to steer them, especially if you’re trying to avoid something.

I had all these same conversations when it happened. Everyone that’s been around dirt track racing much backs us up, it’s the people that don’t understand what’s going on that make the murder claims. He wasn’t even brought up on manslaughter charges, let alone murder

It was a tragic accident for sure, but that’s what it was, an accident