Formula One

If it wasn't for that Carlos Slim money, he'd probably be replacing Perez at Red Bull.
WTF happened to Perez? Got two quick wins, now he can’t even make the third round of qualifying.

I understand Verstappen is damn near unbeatable, but he’s not even getting podiums now because his qualifying has been so bad lately

WTF happened to Perez? Got two quick wins, now he can’t even make the third round of qualifying.

I understand Verstappen is damn near unbeatable, but he’s not even getting podiums now because his qualifying has been so bad lately
Perez is an average driver who has had a few flashes of greatness, just look at his career. Without Carlos Slim backing him, he's not at Red Bull, possibly not in F1.

Anyone not betting on Verstappen is just leaving money on the table.

Qualified 6th.

-850 favorite

Didn’t think twice.

Wins by over 20 seconds

Makings of a very interesting race tomorrow. Both Williams cars starting in the top 10, Hamilton struggling big time in qualifying, etc.

Another win for Max, what a boring season
For the championship yes, but the racing behind him has been great. Watched the last half, it seemed the cameras spent more time on the Ferraris, Mercedes and Williams (well Albon anyway) than on Max at the front.

For the championship yes, but the racing behind him has been great. Watched the last half, it seemed the cameras spent more time on the Ferraris, Mercedes and Williams (well Albon anyway) than on Max at the front.
A battle for 5th doesn’t do much for me. I’m loving this season because I’ve made a small fortune betting it, but the excitement for the product on track isn’t there.

NASCAR is the superior racing product by far

A battle for 5th doesn’t do much for me. I’m loving this season because I’ve made a small fortune betting it, but the excitement for the product on track isn’t there.

NASCAR is the superior racing product by far
NASCAR in the 70s, 80s and 90s, absolutely. NASCAR now, not so much. Both are lacking.

One problem with both now IMO is that there are no real characters.
NASCAR had the likes Earnhardt, Waltrip, Yarbrough, Pearson etc, F1 had Lauda, Proust, Senna, Hunt etc

There are no real rivalries, all the drivers are lovey dovey with each other.

NASCAR in the 70s, 80s and 90s, absolutely. NASCAR now, not so much. Both are lacking.

NASCAR had the likes Earnhardt, Waltrip, Yarbrough, Pearson etc, F1 had Lauda, Proust, Senna, Hunt etc

There’s been more punches thrown between NASCAR drivers over the last 5 years than all of the 80’s, 90’s and 00’s combined. The problem is the corporate stuff. There’s talks that the new media deal will give the teams and drivers a cut so they’ll be less reliant on sponsors, so hopefully that will help with the personality problem. A lot of these guys show a ton of personality in the lower divisions and turn into robots when they get to Cup.

But even today, especially now that they’ve got a better tire for the new cars that doesn’t blow out after 20 laps like last year, the on track action in NASCAR is miles ahead of F1.

Gospel.

Liberty Media is pimping the life out of Formula One. Last night’s Opening Ceremony was utterly ridiculous. It’s not the Olympics, it’s an auto race. I feel bad for the drivers. Liberty is making tons of money parading them up and down the strip. This is not Formula One.

Liberty Media is pimping the life out of Formula One. Last night’s Opening Ceremony was utterly ridiculous. It’s not the Olympics, it’s an auto race. I feel bad for the drivers. Liberty is making tons of money parading them up and down the strip. This is not Formula One.
Are you the unsilent majority?