Poll French fries vs onion rings?

Do you prefer french fries or onion rings?

• French fries

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Onion rings

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Tater salad

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
Tater tots are also very, very difficult to fuck up.
Season 4 What GIF by The Office

All y'all loving onion rings can thank Texas A&M. :suds:

I'd say that right off the top I think there's a much bigger gap between the best fries and the worst fries than there is between the best tots and the worst tots, before we even add heat and start cooking anything. And with regard to the cooking, I guess I'm thinking that a slightly undercooked tot is much more tolerable than a limp, raw, fry. I side with the tot on the burnt side of things as well I think. The only way I can see tots ending up shitty is if you get them delivered and some of them are soft and fall apart in the styrofoam container. But I always consider that to be partially my fault on the rare occasion I do that and it happens.

It might be that I worded it poorly. I may just mean that I like shitty tots better than shitty fries rather than truly thinking that it's difficult to make shitty tots.

Onion rings are super hit-or-miss. If done right I'd call them preferable, but if the onion just pulls right out of the breading forget it.

Why do I feel the need to tell y'all that I once partied with roommate of the nephew of the guy who invented the 1015. he could get any chick he wanted, it was intense. Should have seen it. let me find a photo of it.

Why do I feel the need to tell y'all that I once partied with roommate of the nephew of the guy who invented the 1015. he could get any chick he wanted, it was intense. Should have seen it. let me find a photo of it.
You’re using “chick” pretty loosely here I take it.

This kicks the shit out of any French Fry or Onion Rings

It's like Tater Tots on steroids

Potato Cakes Bitches

View attachment 80478
It’s amazing how much better these taste than tater tots. Tater tots are woat potato, but these are goat potato. Used to dominate 2 for $1 McDs hash browns in college

Done right, there's no way I can take fries of potato salad over really good onion rings. It's close but onion rings > fries > potato salad.

Here's the thing.

You can never get the perfect Onion Ring.
It's like a Unicorn.
One in a Million