Going to Europe in Feb/Mar

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 855.00
We got a deal we couldn't pass up. We're doing a combined tour and then on our own. Just booked it.

Feb. 15 - Fly to Munich
Feb. 16 - 25 - Germany (driving clockwise from Munich to Berlin)
Feb. 26 - train from Berlin to Warsaw
Feb. 27 - Mar 1 - Warsaw and Krakow
Mar. 2 - 5 (Budapest) (Danube River Cruise)
Mar. 5 - 8 (Vienna and Bratislava)
Mar. 9 - 11 (Prague)
Mar. 12 - 16 (London on our own)

Central European flights, hotels and rental cars are dirt cheap if you book low season right now. My wife and I have both lived in NYC so can deal with cold.

Last edited:
We got a deal we couldn't pass up. We're doing a combined tour and then on our own. Just booked it.

Feb. 15 - Fly to Munich
Mar. 9 - 11 (Prague)

Central European flights, hotels and rental cars are dirt cheap if you book low season right now. My wife and I have both lived in NYC so can deal with cold.
Fuck an A man….that’s awesome!

We got a deal too good to pass up last November and took everyone over. Initially we were going to fly into Munich and drive to Prague, Vienna, Naples and back to Munich.

But, COVID rules at the time meant you had to test at every entry point. And with 9 of us (including two special needs that don’t like being tested) that wasn’t going to work out.

So we flew into Munich for a few days (love that place) and then trained over to Paris for four days before heading back to Munich for a few more and home.

I’m curious about this deal. The itinerary looks amazing. Can you share anything on the deal, here or PM, or is this not a deal for anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck an A man….that’s awesome!

We got a deal too good to pass up last November and took everyone over. Initially we were going to fly into Munich and drive to Prague, Vienna, Naples and back to Munich.

But, COVID rules at the time meant you had to test at every entry point. And with 9 of us (including two special needs that don’t like being tested) that wasn’t going to work out.

So we flew into Munich for a few days (love that place) and then trained over to Paris for four days before heading back to Munich for a few more and home.

I’m curious about this deal. The itinerary looks amazing. Can you share anything on the deal, here or PM, or is this not a deal for anyone?
I'll send a PM about how we put this together.

Also, United has $450 flights to Germany and other European cities right now so despite the weather, we went for it. In a way, the cold, somber weather will add to the ambience of medieval Europe.

Anyone have any advice for Germany for history lovers? I'm going to be brushing up on the history of the Habsburgs between now and then.

Also, United has $450 flights to Germany and other European cities right now so despite the weather, we went for it. In a way, the cold, somber weather will add to the ambience of medieval Europe.

Anyone have any advice for Germany for history lovers? I'm going to be brushing up on the history of the Habsburgs between now and then.
All I can speak for is Munich….lots of history there. There is a very old municipal building in Munich city center that is just gorgeous.

Actually, it’s this one….

1668356509643.jpeg
The building was closed last year when we were there but I think there are tours if it’s open.

We also rolled slowly through Stutgart on the bullet train and it was beautiful too.

I won’t judge anyone that wants to drive (I was looking forward to the autobahn myself) but the trains there are phenomenal. Modern, fast, good amenities and efficient (because….Germany). They might also be worth looking into for the clockwise meander from Munich to Berlin.

History has it that Germans like their beer.....

Enjoy a few drinks and have fun.......

1539432335191120690.jpg

Im jelly......

All I can speak for is Munich….lots of history there. There is a very old municipal building in Munich city center that is just gorgeous.

Actually, it’s this one….

View attachment 91757
The building was closed last year when we were there but I think there are tours if it’s open.

We also rolled slowly through Stutgart on the bullet train and it was beautiful too.

I won’t judge anyone that wants to drive (I was looking forward to the autobahn myself) but the trains there are phenomenal. Modern, fast, good amenities and efficient (because….Germany). They might also be worth looking into for the clockwise meander from Munich to Berlin.
We had been planning on trains but you can rent a Fiat 500 for damn near $20/day right now! That's pretty hard to beat.

History has it that Germans like their beer.....

Enjoy a few drinks and have fun.......

View attachment 91758

Im jelly......
There was a Biergarten in Munich we went to the first night. Can’t remember the name of it but apparently they are all good.

Old school, classic dining hall (too cold to do it outside). The sausage and the beer…..

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

There was a Biergarten in Munich we went to the first night. Can’t remember the name of it but apparently they are all good.

Old school, classic dining hall (too cold to do it outside). The sausage and the beer…..

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

I tried an authentic german restraunt one time in Milwaukee.....Did not know wtf I was ordering,the menu was in German......so the wife n I just guessed at what we were gonna eat.....lol,wasnt good,but I sure as in the hell would try it again.

I tried an authentic german restraunt one time in Milwaukee.....Did not know wtf I was ordering,the menu was in German......so the wife n I just guessed at what we were gonna eat.....lol,wasnt good,but I sure as in the hell would try it again.
I'm not huge on the spatzel or the heavily-breaded meats but the potatoes and sausages and beer. :exploding:

Feb. 15 - Fly to Munich
Mar. 9 - 11 (Prague)

Please get me a Millwall jersey In London. Thanks

I'm not huge on the spatzel or the heavily-breaded meats but the potatoes and sausages and beer. :exploding:
I’ll grind some spatzel. Then again, I’m from PA Dutch stock, so I grew up on lots of German carbs

Generally I’ll pass on Schnitzel at any place here stateside. But, it was very good there.

All that said though….potatoes and sausage and bier…..can’t go wrong.

Very cool. For my personally, when I think of places like Poland, Czechia and Germany, I've always imagined them under grey skies so it would probably apropos to head there in late winter; that's how I view it, anyways. Supposedly, Czechia has better beer that Germany; let us know if that's true or just a myth.

Very cool. For my personally, when I think of places like Poland, Czechia and Germany, I've always imagined them under grey skies so it would probably apropos to head there in late winter; that's how I view it, anyways. Supposedly, Czechia has better beer that Germany; let us know if that's true or just a myth.
I think they all make claims about better beer than Germany and I intend to put them all to the test! Our tour operator had an optional 1/2 day tour to Bratislava one of the days and we took it, therefore can claim another country!

Feb. 15 - Fly to Munich
Mar. 9 - 11 (Prague)

Great stuff. Why are you starting in Munich. That used to add a lot of time to flights where flying into frankfurt was easier and usually cheaper. It's a very cool area though. Are you going skiing?

I think they all make claims about better beer than Germany...

I don't know how one makes that claim. jmo. Not that a person in another country can't have better beer. But I'm guessing you already know this. Have you some fun, man.

True European beer craft is so much different than what other countries do. The very best is family owned for generations and that's their recipe. Every town has a family or three that is top shelf. The minerals in that local water and each well are different, how they grow their own yeast ... that can't be replicated anyplace else. so....pffft to anyone saying one is better than the other. And pffft to other countries making a claim to better beer. That claim can't be made because no two beers are the same. There are thousands of these family owned brew masters in Germany. I may have drunk from every one.

Better just isn't a word when describing beer in those regions.

Great stuff. Why are you starting in Munich. That used to add a lot of time to flights where flying into frankfurt was easier and usually cheaper. It's a very cool area though. Are you going skiing?
The deal United has right now includes Munich for the same price. Non-stop from Denver on a 787, too.

No skiiing.