Going to Europe in Feb/Mar

I don't know how one makes that claim. jmo. Not that a person in another country can't have better beer. But I'm guessing you already know this. Have you some fun, man.

True European beer craft is so much different than what other countries do. The very best is family owned for generations and that's their recipe. Every town has a family or three that is top shelf. The minerals in that local water and each well are different, how they grow their own yeast ... that can't be replicated anyplace else. so....pffft to anyone saying one is better than the other. And pffft to other countries making a claim to better beer. That claim can't be made because no two beers are the same. There are thousands of these family owned brew masters in Germany. I may have drunk from every one.

Better just isn't a word when describing beer in those regions.
So it's better than Bud Lt? :biggrin:

Very much looking forward to experiencing this!

The deal United has right now includes Munich for the same price. Non-stop from Denver on a 787, too.

No skiiing.

Great flight. Things have changed.

Great flight. Things have changed.
Yeah, I'm shocked. $457 from our non-US destination through Denver to Munich on a 787. We even get to do redeye so that we land late morning over there, try our best to stay awake all day (we struggle to sleep on planes) and go to bed early. It's worked well for us in the past to Europe.

Lost in all of this is the bonus at the end to fly from Prague to Gatwick for $50 and spend some nights there. I finally get to go out to Bletchley Park and see that and I want to go back to the British Museum for an afternoon and a day at the Imperial War Museum.

Wow what a good deal. Never saw that when I was in Denver.

So it's better than Bud Lt? :biggrin:

Very much looking forward to experiencing this!

I was figuring you had already experienced this sort of a thing. Like I said, every town has their own brew. Even the small towns. You can buy one of the national brands of beer too, but you can get that stuff in the states. That's not what you fly to germany for. Here are a couple of images to look for when you drive through a town...

1668437011440.png

1668437028318.png

Every town will have one. Look for the hotel or shop with the beer sign. You'll have never heard of the brand before. Stop in. Order a snack like cheese and brochen or oxtail soup and try their draft.

I may have had ten thousand different beers and never had a bad one. For sure I like some more than others. But never once had a piss water beer. They all had that "it" factor.

Great stuff. Why are you starting in Munich. That used to add a lot of time to flights where flying into frankfurt was easier and usually cheaper. It's a very cool area though. Are you going skiing?
I can only say this anecdotally based on my trip last year and what hammer says here….but I think Munich has become the cheaper entry point over Frankfurt.

We took the best deal last year and it Miami to Munich, via Lisbon, for less than $300 per.

I can only say this anecdotally based on my trip last year and what hammer says here….but I think Munich has become the cheaper entry point over Frankfurt.

We took the best deal last year and it Miami to Munich, via Lisbon, for less than $300 per.

It seems to be. It's been years since I have been to Germany. But it was fun rehashing some of the times I had there.

Looks like an awesome trip, and during that time you should have to worry too much about tourists etc.

Stuttgart is a pretty cool stop, great city especially if you are into cars, Mercedes and Porsche both there and have great museums.

I envy you the other Eastern European spots, we're planning similar sometime.

I could go on and on about London, but I know you've been there before.

I want to live there for a year so badly but my wife is addicted to palm trees and is horribly bored with history. As such, London is out. :laugh:
Compromise and live in Penzance :biggrin:

My wife and I have both lived in NYC so can deal with cold.
Cold? Temperatures in Germany in February average about 40°F for highs. That ain't cold, ya pansy! Anything above freezing in February is warm!

-Wisconsin resident

Cold? Temperatures in Germany in February average about 40°F for highs. That ain't cold, ya pansy! Anything above freezing in February is warm!

-Wisconsin resident
I don't take advice from Wisconsinites about what constitutes "cold" but thank you all the same. :biggrin:

I think they all make claims about better beer than Germany and I intend to put them all to the test! Our tour operator had an optional 1/2 day tour to Bratislava one of the days and we took it, therefore can claim another country!
Don’t miss a marketing opportunity.

This trip is the 2023 Blitzkrieg tour :thumb:

If you can make it Ukraine I hear you can get great AirBnB deal especially in Kherson.

We got a deal we couldn't pass up. We're doing a combined tour and then on our own. Just booked it.

Feb. 15 - Fly to Munich
Feb. 16 - 25 - Germany (driving clockwise from Munich to Berlin)
Feb. 26 - train from Berlin to Warsaw
Feb. 27 - Mar 1 - Warsaw and Krakow
Mar. 2 - 5 (Budapest) (Danube River Cruise)
Mar. 5 - 8 (Vienna and Bratislava)
Mar. 9 - 11 (Prague)
Mar. 12 - 16 (London on our own)

Central European flights, hotels and rental cars are dirt cheap if you book low season right now. My wife and I have both lived in NYC so can deal with cold.
Did a Danube River cruise a few years ago from Budapest to Passau. Took a taxi back to Vienna for 3 days and then to Salzburg for two days and finished up in Prague for 5 days. I enjoyed Budapest the most. Make sure you hit the hot pools.